Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat! 9/12

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 137 Replies

Let's Chat!

What are you up to today?  What are your plans for this weekend?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!  

have a nice day  

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

On my mind is what to have for dinner.  I am craving chicken and rice but I don't have all of the ingredients I need.  So... I'm thinking it may be fish & chips instead. 

XingFingers
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmfao i ask my son, what do you want for dinner kai? "uhhhh, chicken and rice." every day. To get him to eat any other meat, i say its chicken, then when he likes it, i tell him what its really called. Yet he still asks for chicken and rice lol

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

On my mind is what to have for dinner.  I am craving chicken and rice but I don't have all of the ingredients I need.  So... I'm thinking it may be fish & chips instead. 

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Sleep is on my mind. I feel so overwhelmed right now. My baby finally came home from the NICU Saturday but with oxygen, apnea machine, and a pulse machine. For the past couple of nights he has been very cranky and the machines have been going off like crazy. It seemed as soon as my husband went back to work all the mess startedhappening, lol.

OK, now that I got that out he has his first doctors appointment at 2 so I am going to wash and dress him, then wash and dress his 2yr old brother and then go pick up my 7yr old from school and head to the doctors. Nothing much this weekend, might go to my churches woman's bible study tomorrow but mostly staying at home and hanging out with the family. We will probably make it family game night this weekend, so that should be fun.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Fish sounds very good, what kind are you having? I hate when I want something but short an ingredient or two, lol. Everyone will be having leftover spaghetti from last night here.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Thursday is our dinner out night. DD has scouts right after school, then soccer practice. No time to cook, we will eat between activities.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I'm wondering what is for dinner too. My kiddos has football practice so it needs to be a fast and easy meal. Last night we made taco soup in the crock pot. Tonight, I am clueless. I think  I will make chicken patty sandwhiches and fries. Dunno tho. LOL Also trying to figure out how I am going to get to my 12 yr olds football game Tuesday night since my 6 yr old also has practice. With it being my 12 yr olds first game,  I really want to go. Looks like daddy gets to go to 6yr olds practice and pick him up again hahahaha

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM

That's funny!  I guess he really likes chicken & rice?  lol

Do you actually have it very often?  How do you make yours?

Quoting XingFingers:

Lmfao i ask my son, what do you want for dinner kai? "uhhhh, chicken and rice." every day. To get him to eat any other meat, i say its chicken, then when he likes it, i tell him what its really called. Yet he still asks for chicken and rice lol

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Awe :( I feel your pain. My dd came home from NICU with all that fun equipment also. It's no fun for sure. Sending prayers your way that hopefully he can get off all of it soon. If ya don't mind why does he have it all? My dd had 2 holes in her heart at birth and had them repaired at 4mths.

Quoting natural_s:

Sleep is on my mind. I feel so overwhelmed right now. My baby finally came home from the NICU Saturday but with oxygen, apnea machine, and a pulse machine. For the past couple of nights he has been very cranky and the machines have been going off like crazy. It seemed as soon as my husband went back to work all the mess startedhappening, lol.

OK, now that I got that out he has his first doctors appointment at 2 so I am going to wash and dress him, then wash and dress his 2yr old brother and then go pick up my 7yr old from school and head to the doctors. Nothing much this weekend, might go to my churches woman's bible study tomorrow but mostly staying at home and hanging out with the family. We will probably make it family game night this weekend, so that should be fun.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Staying home with the family sounds like a really good plan, hopefully you'll be able to catch up on some sleep and get a little help with your baby.  How long was he in NICU?

Quoting natural_s:

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Oh you know, just those frozen fish filets.  My son begged me to buy them.  lol  If I do make them, we'll have broccoli on the side.  Gotta get that veggie in, right?

Leftover spaghetti is always good too.  Somehow spaghetti & chili always taste better as leftovers to me.

Quoting natural_s:

Fish sounds very good, what kind are you having? I hate when I want something but short an ingredient or two, lol. Everyone will be having leftover spaghetti from last night here.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN