Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP: I don't want to make a horrible mistake!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I need some advice and I need it ASAP.   I am 13 weeks pregnant through fertility treatment.  I started getting physically ill from pretty much the start of the treatment about 4 months ago.

I found out that I meet the criteria for Pre-natal Depression. Some of those symptoms include:

- Depression/suicidal thoughts or actions

-extreme anxiety

- high frustration/ little to no patience

-obsession thoughts of "bad things" such as not even wanting to carry the baby to term, or not feeling like I can take care of the baby when it is born.

-detaching from the baby that you are carrying/ thinking about abortion/having an abortion

-unable to perform everyday tasks

-low energy- with me can barely get off of the couch and have had to lesson the hours of my job from 35 hours a weeks- 5 hours a week )and sometimes have to cancel those appts.

- Feeling physically sick most of the time (nausea, chest and abnominal pains, migraine headaches)

In addition, my fiance, MIke and I have temporary custody of my 6 month old grandson, Brayden. My daughter has been a drug user in the past, so thats how we got temporary custody of him.  But stressful right now b/c he is a fussy baby.  However, I would NEVER have any thoughts or hurt him in anyway.

PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING MORE ABOUT PRE-NATAL DEPRESSION, PLEASE LET ME KNOW..

I AM AT THE POINT OF TERMINATING MY PREGNANCY BECAUSE I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE TO HELP ME OUT OF THIS MESS!

Please I just want support right now, no judgements please1

Thanks,   Pam

-

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
daughteroftruth
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM

First off, you NEED to talk to your ob.  Early depression is not uncommon.  You are close to that good spot where things get much better, but you may need help.  I would talk to your doc about this depression, also , look into a sub-lingual vit b complex.  It helped me with morning sickness, low energy and even my depression while pregnant.  

You have worked so hard to get this little one, fight for it!  You CAN do this, and please get help, there is NO shame in getting help.  

rebirthfreedom
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM

My sweet Pam, 

I urge you, terminating your pregnancy is not the answer.  I think you need to talk to your fiance and also your doctor.   This is very real and there IS help and support through it.    Go to your friends, your close friends.  Or connect with people online.  Either way, you need to have close relationships that will love you unconditionally around you.  

There is also a very big God that is holding you very close.  He has seen your heart and blessed you with a child.   The sickness that you feel is temporary.  It will not remain your whole life.    I have an excersise that if you would be willing to try, I think you would get great things from.  

Write down 15 things your thankful for.  Thats it.  Go get a piece of paper and do it now.  

tomorrow,  look at your list.  write down 15 more.  Start making this a habbit.  Even if its as small as being thankful you have a bed to lay in when you don't feel good.  write it down. 

Start focusing on every positive thing that happens in your life.  You can and WILL get through this, with a beautiful child that will bring just about every blessing in life that you could possibly imagine! 

Peace Out! Blessings my friends!

Rebirth your freedom in your life, and your business.  get prayer, encouragement and motivation to suceed in every aspect of your life. 

www.godlymomma.com 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)