Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm sure this will cause some backlash... Marijuana Vs. Cigarettes?

So while I was watching the news the other day and the topic of legalization of Marijuana came up.  I started to think about it and I honestly want to know WHO decided to make it illegal.  I mean tobacco is grown practically the same way, and they add MORE chemicals to that (we all know this).  As far as the "high" effect of Marijuana, I know from time to time if I smoke a cigarette I get light headed and a feeling I can only describe as a "nicotine high".  

I guess I'm confused on how someone randomly just decided this was something that needed to be outlawed, yet we sell packs of 20 sticks of cancer for under $10 a box that have no proven health benefits and I'm not sure they have ever been illegal (I could be wrong)!  Just random things that I think about.  Not looking to be bashed either.  

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Im not reading more than the title I say BOOZE! bring me a margarita! A real one made in the blender please!
tangerine_dream
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Oh, I was just meaning that they actually legalized it later on, unlike pot.  Good point on the other companies loosing money though, it is a cure all type of thing.  No need for tons of pills if you can find the same effects in a plant. 

Quoting Retrokitty:

No I mean when alcohol was illegal. They were made illegal for similar reasons. Also one of the biggest reasons they haven't been made legal is because big pharma, alcohol and cigarette companies. Those are the companies that will lose money when weed becomes legal.

Quoting tangerine_dream:

Of course alcohol is legal though lol.  Whoever made that decision wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. 

Quoting Retrokitty:

It was illegal for stupid reasons like alcohol. There is no reason for it to be illegal.

JamieBue38
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Alcohol kills a lot more people than MJ...

people become violent with Alcohol, while others relax when getting a high. That makes no sense to me how one is legal but the other isn't...

But I'm in Colorado lol so actually their both legal. I don't encourage anyone to do cigs, MJ or alcohol until the brain has fully developed by 22. It screws you up long-term.

tangerine_dream
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:38 PM

That's soild advice to have!  I don't care WHAT people do, but at least wait until you are old enough to handle it.  I've never seen someone on MJ want to fight or do anything that involves moving for that matter lol!  

Quoting JamieBue38:

people become violent with Alcohol, while others relax when getting a high. That makes no sense to me how one is legal but the other isn't...

But I'm in Colorado lol so actually their both legal. I don't encourage anyone to do cigs, MJ or alcohol until the brain has fully developed by 22. It screws you up long-term.

JamieBue38
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

lol too true! I smoked 3 or 4 times when I was 18, I think it really affected my memory. It's harder for me to think for longer periods of time like when I was in High School. I definitely regret it, but I don't discourage it when you're older ;)

Quoting tangerine_dream:

That's soild advice to have!  I don't care WHAT people do, but at least wait until you are old enough to handle it.  I've never seen someone on MJ want to fight or do anything that involves moving for that matter lol!  

Quoting JamieBue38:

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I think it is because the government can't regulate the sale and growth of marijuana.  ???  I have never used either, so I don;t really care.

meg0620
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I smoke cigarettes (terrible, i know!!) I spent most of my high school days high as a kite but I had some REALLY bad trips that I wouldn't want to experience ever again.
tangerine_dream
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I guess so, but I'm sure tons of people are able to roll their own cigarettes and make their own alcohol, sell it, and make a profit without the government knowing too.  Who knows though. 

Quoting ScrChk23:

I think it is because the government can't regulate the sale and growth of marijuana.  ???  I have never used either, so I don;t really care.

tangerine_dream
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Bad trips?  Damn girl what kind were you smoking lol!! 

Quoting meg0620:

I smoke cigarettes (terrible, i know!!) I spent most of my high school days high as a kite but I had some REALLY bad trips that I wouldn't want to experience ever again.

RADmomma
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm for legalization 100%
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)