Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm sure this will cause some backlash... Marijuana Vs. Cigarettes?

So while I was watching the news the other day and the topic of legalization of Marijuana came up.  I started to think about it and I honestly want to know WHO decided to make it illegal.  I mean tobacco is grown practically the same way, and they add MORE chemicals to that (we all know this).  As far as the "high" effect of Marijuana, I know from time to time if I smoke a cigarette I get light headed and a feeling I can only describe as a "nicotine high".  

I guess I'm confused on how someone randomly just decided this was something that needed to be outlawed, yet we sell packs of 20 sticks of cancer for under $10 a box that have no proven health benefits and I'm not sure they have ever been illegal (I could be wrong)!  Just random things that I think about.  Not looking to be bashed either.  

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
EarlGrayHot
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

It all happened back in the day because whote folks decided it was some evil drug used by black folks that would corrupt us all.  Watch a History Channel special sometime.  The war on drugs pretty much began due to racism.  Drugs were acceptable until someone decided it was a black crime.

tangerine_dream
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Wow!  That's interesting,  I will have to look and see if I can catch a special regarding this sometime.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

It all happened back in the day because whote folks decided it was some evil drug used by black folks that would corrupt us all.  Watch a History Channel special sometime.  The war on drugs pretty much began due to racism.  Drugs were acceptable until someone decided it was a black crime.

momofsunshine77
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I hate both!!! Neither one should be legal.  I guess I am the complete opposite.  Instead of making marijuana legal, maybe cigarettes should be illigal as well.  IMO

meg0620
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Lmao. It's just me. I have anxiety and instead of making me relax, smoking weed would make it WORSE most of the time. No one else would trip out like me. I'm not normal. I've experimented with other drugs before and they do not hit me like they do to normal people lol they more than likely will hit me in an OPPOSITE WAY. Drugs are not for me!!

Quoting tangerine_dream:

Bad trips?  Damn girl what kind were you smoking lol!! 

Quoting meg0620:

I smoke cigarettes (terrible, i know!!) I spent most of my high school days high as a kite but I had some REALLY bad trips that I wouldn't want to experience ever again.

tangerine_dream
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM

LOL!  Well maybe you made the best choice by staying far away from them!  Sounds scary! 

Quoting meg0620:

Lmao. It's just me. I have anxiety and instead of making me relax, smoking weed would make it WORSE most of the time. No one else would trip out like me. I'm not normal. I've experimented with other drugs before and they do not hit me like they do to normal people lol they more than likely will hit me in an OPPOSITE WAY. Drugs are not for me!!

Quoting tangerine_dream:

Quoting meg0620:

I smoke cigarettes (terrible, i know!!) I spent most of my high school days high as a kite but I had some REALLY bad trips that I wouldn't want to experience ever again.

meg0620
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Very scary! Like this one time I was standing up and all the sudden I fainted and my lips were blue. It was so scary. Actually that happened twice.
Another example of why I'm a weirdo and drugs aren't for me: I've experimented with cocaine and I guess I heard its supposed to make you all wired and energetic and stuff? I got sooooooooo sleepy. I just wanted to sleep. I was literally sitting up in a chair falling asleep. And I know it wasn't cut with anything weird considering where I got it from.
I'm just weird. I don't like drugs. Lol.

Quoting tangerine_dream:

LOL!  Well maybe you made the best choice by staying far away from them!  Sounds scary! 

Quoting meg0620:

Quoting tangerine_dream:

Quoting meg0620:

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I have an 18 year old and id rather that she smoked pot that cigs.  Most people dont chain smoke pot, its like alcohol. Yes there are some with a problem but the vast majority are doing it socially. 

PrimmednPunked
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

It wasn't random. It was set up that way by the tobacco, alcohol and prison lobbyists since they make more money due to marijuana being illegal.  

MommyDearest__
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
This freaking question is like wondering how God has no beginning; you will never know, lol. It makes no sense at all! Cigarettes kill people and can turn you into one ugly lookin creature, yet they are legal and marijuana isn't... it's pathetic! I know exactly what you mean, I use to smoke cigarettes and OMG, sometimes I'd get the worse nicotine high it was unreal. I sure wish Ronald Raegan was still around and in office... All I know is it's mainly President Nixon's fault.... He's the man who began making a big deal about it because of how the hippies were acting.... It's okay though; marijuana is only illegal to those not using it... Keep it illegal, I'll still smoke like a chimney! Lmao It won't be too long before we can start growing it ha ha.
tangerine_dream
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Yikes!!  Glad you're okay!

Quoting meg0620:

Very scary! Like this one time I was standing up and all the sudden I fainted and my lips were blue. It was so scary. Actually that happened twice.
Another example of why I'm a weirdo and drugs aren't for me: I've experimented with cocaine and I guess I heard its supposed to make you all wired and energetic and stuff? I got sooooooooo sleepy. I just wanted to sleep. I was literally sitting up in a chair falling asleep. And I know it wasn't cut with anything weird considering where I got it from.
I'm just weird. I don't like drugs. Lol.

Quoting tangerine_dream:

Quoting meg0620:

Quoting tangerine_dream:

Quoting meg0620:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN