Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

back 2 work

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
This was our first week of home school. Our lessons have been about healthy eating and how food is produced and brought to your table today me and my girls are going to the farmers market get some fresh ingredients for dinner tonight thinking about making steak with roasted peach Apple glaze mashed potatoes and asparagus mmmd liciousalso on Saturday is my first dates back to my part time job in 2 weeks not that excited about that
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
by Emerald Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Very cool on the homeschooling & the girls for making the meal,
Good luck on your back to part time job ;)

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
swankyymama
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Thanks for ur kind words!
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Can I come over for dinner? Yum!!!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

swankyymama
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Come on over I really would enjoy a dinner party but I need a nicer dinning room table
melagranmom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I think its great that you are homeschooling and your girls are so excited about healthy eating.
Sorry you have to go back to work :(
I can help you work from home and also with healthy items for you and the girls. Sent you a friend invite.
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I teach my kids that too, and take them to the farmers market AND have them help me make dinner. Its pretty typical parenting. We do it after school and on the weekends because they go to public school. My masters in education does not cover every subject to the expertise that my teens require so i send them to the various experts at our local middle school.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice I'm a homeschooling mom also! Good luck at your job!

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I think it's great that the OP is teaching her kids about healthy eating. Not everyone was raised that way and it isn't a natural part of life for them. It's great that you do that naturally. I naturally know what to teach my kids in middle school because I graduated from high school....unless they started teaching rocket science that I don't know about! Now that I would leave to the experts :P

I teach my kids that too, and take them to the farmers market AND have them help me make dinner. Its pretty typical parenting. We do it after school and on the weekends because they go to public school. My masters in education does not cover every subject to the expertise that my teens require so i send them to the various experts at our local middle school.

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:41 AM
In 7th grade they study Watson and crick. Off the top of you head who are they and what did they do that got their contemporaries mad? They also use the Chicago math method to help prepare them for college entrance exams. Do you know how to do that? How about economics? Can you divide up everything in a company into labor, capital and resource? I normally teach 7th grade so i happen to be very familiar with the curriculum and though i went to the very same middle school it is different and harder now.

Quoting jconney80:

I think it's great that the OP is teaching her kids about healthy eating. Not everyone was raised that way and it isn't a natural part of life for them. It's great that you do that naturally. I naturally know what to teach my kids in middle school because I graduated from high school....unless they started teaching rocket science that I don't know about! Now that I would leave to the experts :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)