Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Hey everyone I have a question I hope someone can help me my sister will be 28 weeks pregnant on tuesday and over the weekend she messes up and relased and done a couple pain pills and smoked a little weed and now she is very scared that when the baby is born he is going to test positive for these things I just wanted to no if anyone could tell me if she stays clean for the rest of her pregancy will her and the baby tset negative I hope someone can help me thank u all very much
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
taKENheart
by Flovely on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I realize it is difficult to take any negative comments about your sister but you did come here for advice.  I think you need to calm yo' tits and take the advice without getting so worked up.  This post hadn't even gotten to page 2 (until my reply) and you are already this upset?  Perhaps CM is not for you if you are this sensitive to what online strangers think.

Quoting ashdawn91:

All u do is judge ppl well guess what fuck u and don't say anything else cause u r a sorry person who acts like u have never made a mistake so fuck u u stupid bitch

Wicked.Jester
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I judge people who pop pain pills and smoke weed while pregnant,  Her child should be taken away, because she is a selfish cow.

AbbeysMom2013
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM
When I was pregnant I would t even eat a hot dog or lunch meat since it was on the "do not eat while pregnant" list.

Your do not accidentally do drugs. And if you post something like that you should expect negative comments.
susannah2000
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Quoting ashdawn91:

All u do is judge ppl well guess what fuck u and don't say anything else cause u r a sorry person who acts like u have never made a mistake so fuck u u stupid bitch

Right, you are defending a person who is popping pills while pregnant, calling her a "great mother," and saying I am a "sorry person." That is pretty funny. Guess what else. Doing drugs while pregnant is not a "mistake," it's a CHOICE. I have not and would not ever make such a CHOICE. Also, the telling someone not to "say anything else?" Doesn't fly.
debbie26
by Debbie on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:40 AM
If she doesn't do it again she should be fine
But she needs the help and not do stupid shit like that I sure hope she won't for that innocent baby's sake
kaseyleigh04
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Just don't do any more. I know the delema. 30 to 35 days for weed. 3 to 5 for pain meds. She may need to see her doctor after the pain meds depending on what she took they can cause the baby problems if she took certain ones.
Bizebeemomof3
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I used to work with substance exposed babies and I never understood the girls that would say " I didn't think it would hurt them" or "My other kid is fine". If she test positive at any of her routine appointments they will check the baby at birth and also if they suspect anything. The babies merconium will determine how much she used and when she used in her pregnancy. Whatever caused her to relapse its best that she address it now so it doesn't happen again.
jenniferv27
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I know people that have taken pain pills through their whole pregnancy n smoked weed n them babies r just fine!! Some people don't have a choice when it comes to the pain pills. People are so God damn judgmental in here. I gaurentee half the people in here that talk shit are miserable, jobless, mothers who's children are going to grow up very sheltered due to the fact their mothers are hovered over them every second. I'm sure every single one if these women have done something extremely terrible but don't have the balls to admit it. Anyway hunny, have your sister drink lots of water. Everyone makes mistakes. In,my line of work I see mothers and fathers make mistakes every day. Some lose their children over it n some don't depending in the nature of the mess up. For the near future of that child u make sure your sister stays clean from here on out and they will be just fine leaving the hospital together. Good luck sweetie.

Quoting ashdawn91:

jenniferv27
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM
The only thing they do is a standard drug test on mother and baby. Unfortunately I get called to the hospital 12 to 15 times a month due to positive tests. Rarely do I not let the baby leave with its mother but the mother then has quite a few steps that she has to complete i'm order for us to close the case. Usually takes about a year.

Quoting Bizebeemomof3:

I used to work with substance exposed babies and I never understood the girls that would say " I didn't think it would hurt them" or "My other kid is fine". If she test positive at any of her routine appointments they will check the baby at birth and also if they suspect anything. The babies merconium will determine how much she used and when she used in her pregnancy. Whatever caused her to relapse its best that she address it now so it doesn't happen again.

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I hope they do test. Sounds like the baby comes from a crappy family that says horrible behavior is no big deal and still calls it good parenting. "Oh i left my baby home alone while i partied but I'm a good mom" "i spent my food money on cigs but I'm a good mom"
This child is doomed unless it gets far away from that hot mess.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)