Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Hey everyone I have a question I hope someone can help me my sister will be 28 weeks pregnant on tuesday and over the weekend she messes up and relased and done a couple pain pills and smoked a little weed and now she is very scared that when the baby is born he is going to test positive for these things I just wanted to no if anyone could tell me if she stays clean for the rest of her pregancy will her and the baby tset negative I hope someone can help me thank u all very much
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
jenniferv27
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:41 AM
You people say "you came here for advice" but u are not giving her what she asked for. Instead u were being disrespectful and hateful. Last time I checked that is not the definition of advice. I mean I can look to make sure it wasn't magically changed at some point but I am more then sure that people just forgot what it really means.

Quoting taKENheart:

I realize it is difficult to take any negative comments about your sister but you did come here for advice.  I think you need to calm yo' tits and take the advice without getting so worked up.  This post hadn't even gotten to page 2 (until my reply) and you are already this upset?  Perhaps CM is not for you if you are this sensitive to what online strangers think.

Quoting ashdawn91:

All u do is judge ppl well guess what fuck u and don't say anything else cause u r a sorry person who acts like u have never made a mistake so fuck u u stupid bitch

jenniferv27
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Most of u women tend to forget that doctors prescribe women pain pills during their pregnancy and they wouldn't do so if they weren't safe for the child and mother.
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Is that what people tell themselves to justify their lives? It reminds me of the people on Maury that say "you're jealous" "you're a hater" nobody is jealous and most people don't fuck up their lives.
The vast majority of parents put aside things like drugs because they want to do what's best for their baby. I don't even drink caffeine while I'm pregnant!

Quoting jenniferv27:

I know people that have taken pain pills through their whole pregnancy n smoked weed n them babies r just fine!! Some people don't have a choice when it comes to the pain pills. People are so God damn judgmental in here. I gaurentee half the people in here that talk shit are miserable, jobless, mothers who's children are going to grow up very sheltered due to the fact their mothers are hovered over them every second. I'm sure every single one if these women have done something extremely terrible but don't have the balls to admit it. Anyway hunny, have your sister drink lots of water. Everyone makes mistakes. In,my line of work I see mothers and fathers make mistakes every day. Some lose their children over it n some don't depending in the nature of the mess up. For the near future of that child u make sure your sister stays clean from here on out and they will be just fine leaving the hospital together. Good luck sweetie.

Quoting ashdawn91:

All u do is judge ppl well guess what fuck u and don't say anything else cause u r a sorry person who acts like u have never made a mistake so fuck u u stupid bitch

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
She never said her sister was on pain nor did she say she was prescribed anything. She would have included that info and taking them wouldn't be an "accident" if it was prescribed.

Quoting jenniferv27:

Most of u women tend to forget that doctors prescribe women pain pills during their pregnancy and they wouldn't do so if they weren't safe for the child and mother.
susannah2000
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Quoting jenniferv27:

I know people that have taken pain pills through their whole pregnancy n smoked weed n them babies r just fine!! Some people don't have a choice when it comes to the pain pills. People are so God damn judgmental in here. I gaurentee half the people in here that talk shit are miserable, jobless, mothers who's children are going to grow up very sheltered due to the fact their mothers are hovered over them every second. I'm sure every single one if these women have done something extremely terrible but don't have the balls to admit it. Anyway hunny, have your sister drink lots of water. Everyone makes mistakes. In,my line of work I see mothers and fathers make mistakes every day. Some lose their children over it n some don't depending in the nature of the mess up. For the near future of that child u make sure your sister stays clean from here on out and they will be just fine leaving the hospital together. Good luck sweetie.

Quoting ashdawn91:

Wow you must have an awesome crystal ball there to be able to know that the baby is going to be fine. You have no idea what drugs the stupid mother has already taken, besides what the sister wrote about, and you don't know what drugs she will take  in the future. You have no CLUE as to whether the baby will be fine. I hope they remove the baby as soon as its born, then the stupid woman can take all the drugs she wants, and someone who is NOT on drugs can care for the baby. As far as being judgmental goes, when a druggie is using during pregnancy, you bet your ass.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I hope they do test. Sounds like the baby comes from a crappy family that says horrible behavior is no big deal and still calls it good parenting. "Oh i left my baby home alone while i partied but I'm a good mom" "i spent my food money on cigs but I'm a good mom"
This child is doomed unless it gets far away from that hot mess.

I have to agree.

jenniferv27
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM
In that comment I wasn't speaking about her sister I was responding to a comment a women made about how pain pills are not safe to take during a pregnancy and I was just saying that if they were so dangerous then doctors would bit prescribe them to a pregnant woman. I'm not saying what she did was right but she also asked for advice on a specific thing not every ones degrading comments considering she wasn't even the one that messed up. Everyone messes up and makes mistakes I don't care who u r. No ones perfect.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

She never said her sister was on pain nor did she say she was prescribed anything. She would have included that info and taking them wouldn't be an "accident" if it was prescribed.

Quoting jenniferv27:

jenniferv27
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM
As I said I see it every day and I don't just jump in and take baby away. We only remove a baby at birth from their mother if they have crack, cocaine, meth, heroin, pcp, or any other hard core drug in their system. Our objective is not to rip a baby away from its mother. It is to help the mother so that her and her child can live a healthy successful life. Because of the way people act and the way they put mothers down that need help is one reason why we screen our foster parents and adoptive parent so very closely.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting jenniferv27:

Quoting ashdawn91:

Wow you must have an awesome crystal ball there to be able to know that the baby is going to be fine. You have no idea what drugs the stupid mother has already taken, besides what the sister wrote about, and you don't know what drugs she will take  in the future. You have no CLUE as to whether the baby will be fine. I hope they remove the baby as soon as its born, then the stupid woman can take all the drugs she wants, and someone who is NOT on drugs can care for the baby. As far as being judgmental goes, when a druggie is using during pregnancy, you bet your ass.

Bizebeemomof3
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM

It might be different by jurisdiction, we couldn't do a removal without having the extra test  for the baby, unless the mother admitted which they rarely do even with a positive drug test. 

Quoting jenniferv27:

The only thing they do is a standard drug test on mother and baby. Unfortunately I get called to the hospital 12 to 15 times a month due to positive tests. Rarely do I not let the baby leave with its mother but the mother then has quite a few steps that she has to complete i'm order for us to close the case. Usually takes about a year.

Quoting Bizebeemomof3:

I used to work with substance exposed babies and I never understood the girls that would say " I didn't think it would hurt them" or "My other kid is fine". If she test positive at any of her routine appointments they will check the baby at birth and also if they suspect anything. The babies merconium will determine how much she used and when she used in her pregnancy. Whatever caused her to relapse its best that she address it now so it doesn't happen again.

"Motherhood is the only thing in my life that I've really known for sure is something I wanted to do"

taKENheart
by Flovely on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Some people had already commented on it and I was not being disrespectful or hateful to her.  She was the one that called someone a stupid bitch and said FU to another poster on page 1 for goodness sake.  I said neither of those things to her.  Perhaps you forgot the meaning of disrespectful and hateful.  It might have magically changed at some point but I doubt it.  My ADVICE get a dictionary before accusing me of being either of those things to her.

Quoting jenniferv27:

You people say "you came here for advice" but u are not giving her what she asked for. Instead u were being disrespectful and hateful. Last time I checked that is not the definition of advice. I mean I can look to make sure it wasn't magically changed at some point but I am more then sure that people just forgot what it really means.

Quoting taKENheart:

I realize it is difficult to take any negative comments about your sister but you did come here for advice.  I think you need to calm yo' tits and take the advice without getting so worked up.  This post hadn't even gotten to page 2 (until my reply) and you are already this upset?  Perhaps CM is not for you if you are this sensitive to what online strangers think.

Quoting ashdawn91:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)