Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help!

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:13 PM
  • 13 Replies
I'm sure there have been numerous amounts of posts about what to get your mom for Mother's Day. But I am honestly stumped. I'm a single, working mother of a 20 month old girl. So I wouldnt have to struggle to pay for day care, my mother watches my daughter for me while I'm at work. I really want to find a gift that expresses how much I appreciate her and all the help she gives me. I wouldnt know what to do if she wasn't here!! Please give me any ideas you can think of. I don't have much time left!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bethreed
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:21 PM
That's awesome of your mom to watch your daughter. Check out www.CreateYourTraditions.com for some ideas. There is a link to Mother's Day Gift ideas from the front page, or just go into the shopping cart for more. I got my MIL and my mom both the Letters From Grandma/Letters To Grandma sets for my little ones (age 4 and 5) to do with them.
zoeysmom331
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:23 PM
Buy her one of those kits that allow you to cast your daughter's hand or footprint in it... Grandma's love that stuff...
barmaid
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:24 PM
Hi there! How ironic I was just discussing some really great Mother's Day gifts with my friends today! One of my friends said her husband hired someone to come clean, and organize her house! I thought that was awesome because I know I would love for someone to aleveate that chore from me for just one day!!
Another friend mention her husband & children gave her a gift certificate for a Swedish Massage (who can resist that)! My morther-in-law lives out of town so we purchased her a plane ticket to come visit my daughter! However, since you and your mother live in the same state, why not purchase a plane ticket for her to visit somewhere else, and enjoy a vacation!

Well...let me know what you think of those ideas! I hope that will help you some!
BrookeP3
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:24 PM
It seems like almost every women would like a day at the spa. That seems to be a good gift for ladies.
Adnil
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:30 PM
Whatever you give her, I am sure she will love..Give from your heart. :)

Linda
SHOCOLATE

I like giving gifts that are made from the heart of the pesron giving it ..crafty...I would say fill a basket up with her favorite treats little things like a small bottle of a perfume,maybe aome from bath and body works,diffr candies or desserts ,maybe gift certificate for a pedicure or manicure, an disposable camera ( so she can capture those precious moments of her and grandbaby) photo albums and most of all a " get out of jail free card " lol just a card you make for her sayings she has the day off unexpectedly to to what she wants while you-or another member of the family watches the baby ...all these little things will let her know you care about her and appreciate all she does ...D

CHQsMama
I made my mother a scrapbook on shutterfly.com 
Do something creative or make your own scrapbook
chefkitty
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:44 PM
How about creating a personalized coupon book with coupons specially for YOUR Mom?

Or buy an empty shadowbox in the frame section of your nearest craft store.  And create a scene or collection of items, pictures or miniatures that are special to you and your Mom.  The background might be a collage of pictures then, add a miniature teapot or rocking chair --- find the things that have meaning and even laughter.  This makes a great gift that hangs on the wall and opens conversations with every visitor.

Or how about a Magical Mother's Day Box?  Get a shoebox or similar small box and decorate it brightly with wrapping paper or paints or felt flower cutouts.  Don't forget the title - MAGICAL MOTHER"S DAY BOX!  On the top, with the title, write some Mother's Day instructions: like a step-by-step daily schedule:  enjoy breakfast in bed; open present #1, etc.,.

Find several small gifts and wrap them individually, labelling them in the order you want them opened (i.e., present #1, present #2, and so on).  Then, place them inside the box.  What a great surprise for Mother's Day - a box of small treasures to enjoy throughout the day!

Some ideas for inside:  a favorite CD; a scented candle; bath salts; a coupon for a "day off" from cooking or laundry; a restaurant gift certificate; a good book; a small scrapbook of photos from when Mom was the same age as her children or grandchildren or a coffee/tea mug filled with cinnamon sticks and a favorite tea or coffee!!!  Be creative and tailor the gifts to your special "Mom's" favorite things.

Hope this helps!
Kitty
entertainment
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:30 PM
What about a massage!!!! All moms need a break now and to get one is not all that expensive anymore. And than when she gets home have dinner cooked and the house cleaned......Sorry I could have been in my own dream..But really that is what I'm doing for my mother-in-law they need a little pampering now and then........
raelynn
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:43 PM
how about a firls day out - just you and her, go get a pedicure together, have some lunch, go watch a movie ... I bet she would love that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)