Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Please just a quick yes or no... or a vote...

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: would you send him to school??

Options:

yes

no

other - explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 78

View Results

I don't know if I am over re-acting or not and I don't know what to do.. I am in denver.... yes we are getting flooded... well boulder, aurora, commerace city and a few other places, Its making national news...My DH just left for Hawaii... He sucks... For those of you don't know they are closing a ton of stuff already for tomorrow. Where I am at the roads when I was last out were damp and I don't think it is raining right now. We are in a flash flood warning until 330 inn the morning. Here is my thing... Usually I am not afraid of water but if you see whats going on here its scary, roads are getting washed out, rivers are huge and running fast. It seriously seems like something out of a horror story. My LO school district is not closed and I don' t think they are planning on closing.... I am afraid we are going to get stuck in a flash flood and I won't be able to get to him. WIth DH being gone would you keep your LO home from school tomorrow??? I just don't know and I am totally torn. I know this may seem like a duh answer to some but to others... I don't know... its a fine line... I am only about a 7-10 minute drive from his school on dry roads....

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwanabemomie
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

In your case, I would. The thought of not being able to pickup my kid scares me.

strontium
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this
If you are really not comfortable with it...keep him home. I probably would. My little mans safety is more important to me than anything
lookinginmylens
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I agree and this is what I am thinking too.... I just feel like I am over reacting because the roads are dry.... 

Quoting strontium:

If you are really not comfortable with it...keep him home. I probably would. My little mans safety is more important to me than anything

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this
I live in WA where floods are a yearly thing. My parents always based it on what it looked like in the AM. I would wait till then who knows what it could look like by then.
Sassy762
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I would keep him home with you

taKENheart
by Flovely on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I would seriously consider keeping him home.  Hopefully it's just one day and if it gets serious then they will close down until the situation gets better.

anoncalypse
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM

i would keep himm home thats what i do with my kids when im unsure

JamieBue38
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM
I'm in Denver also, my dad said the rain won't stop until Sunday. Do a couple reading/writing/math lessons and your LO won't miss much. One day isn't a big deal, keep him home :)
divinedimension
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Keep him home. And your DH is being a dick.

susannah2000
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:31 PM

When you are having a weather condition such as that, be safe. Keep the kids home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)