Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do I do?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 8 Replies
Okay I'm going to say this out right. I'm upset and a little jealouse that she is able to carry her baby to term and I couldn't.
You see this girl I used to work with messed around with a married man we worked with. They had a baby together and his home life is ruined because she found a vulnerable time between this couple and slept with him and then bragged about it at work.
Now she's pregnant and do around the time I would have been. She came in the other day and was talking about her baby and what all she has bought for it.
How do I handle this? A home wrecker is able to carry her child and I couldn't. What are your suggestions?
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I suggest you ask your dr for a counselors phone number.

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I'm sorry ..things work in wierd way but every thing happens for a reason..I would just try to put the comparison s out of my mind and focus on the positive things you have going on in your life. You probably don't think this right now but things could be a lot worst. Hope for the best for you.. If it get worst talk to family or therapist. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Aww big hugs to you,
Not easy but try not to focus on her .. let it go
One day you will have what you want :)

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I completely understand where you are coming from here. I went through the same thing with someone I knew after I lost a baby. It is devastating.

Just know that while she may seem to have it all right now, she doesn't. And someday you will get a baby and you will be so happy and so thankful because you have experienced losing one. Hang tight momma. I know it's hard. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather77g
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM
it would be hard, but you can't focus attention around someone else's life. you have to realize that many things happen for different reasons. With time you will be able to have a baby and carry on with your life. If you have problems letting this go, then i would try to see a counselor to teach you the steps to overcome situations like this.
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I agree with this. I had the same experience where I had a loss and 2 of my friends were due at the same time  I was suppose to be. They would complain about common pregnancy things and it would drive me crazy. I would have given anything to have morning sickness or an achy body. 

I would try to distance yourself from her as much as possible.

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

I completely understand where you are coming from here. I went through the same thing with someone I knew after I lost a baby. It is devastating.

Just know that while she may seem to have it all right now, she doesn't. And someday you will get a baby and you will be so happy and so thankful because you have experienced losing one. Hang tight momma. I know it's hard. *hugs*

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I remember feeling the same way when i was waiting for an u/s to confirm a mc and there was a foul mouthed teen reeking of cigarettes asking her friend where the party was that weekend, looking like she was due any minute. It is unfair.
JustahGyrl
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Counseling is my advice. This is a very hard thing to go through.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)