Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"As Seen on TV" - What's good - what's not?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 61 Replies
3 moms liked this

I love to check out the "As Seen on TV items and have bought a bunch.

My favorite and a very necessary item is the Turbo Snake.  I always have them on hand to clear clogged drains.  Since my dd and I have long hair, our shower drain gets clogged a lot.  The Snake works like a charm.

I also like the link lizard for getting extra lint out of the dryer.  Some other items I've bought were just a waste.

What have you bought and what worked well?  What was a waste?

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmp1279
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:24 PM

i have the Tortilla Bowl kit.  it works good

i also have the cake pops pan - works good for the most part, just have to be very careful about the amt of batter us use per well.

we got an Orgrenic Pan - first use was great but now everything sticks

NekoTrista
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM
3 moms liked this

I love this thing!

big.city.mama
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Omg I was looking in that section just yesterday and was laughing at the pajamas jeans lol but the squesy freeze thingy does NOT work and that thing that curls your hair with air just looked dumb
rollin3kidsdeep
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
The squeezy freezy slushy maker rocks
NekoTrista
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM
3 moms liked this

i love this thing too!

GirlieGal76
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I actually despise this silly thing. No matter how well I grease the insert, everything sticks to it so it just turns into brownie crumbs by the time I'm done digging all of the stuff out of it. I tried using it multiple times, greasing it more and more each time. Now it's in my Goodwill pile....

Quoting NekoTrista:

i love this thing too!

TheSilence
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I love the pocket hose!
I want to try the ear sucker thing.
NekoTrista
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM

really? i haven't had any issue with mine... i hate that for you because my children love the brownies that i make with this.

Quoting GirlieGal76:

I actually despise this silly thing. No matter how well I grease the insert, everything sticks to it so it just turns into brownie crumbs by the time I'm done digging all of the stuff out of it. I tried using it multiple times, greasing it more and more each time. Now it's in my Goodwill pile....

Quoting NekoTrista:

i love this thing too!

judybant
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:31 PM

The lint lizard is AMAZING! cleaned out the dryer, was absolutely astonished at the amount of lint that was down inside that thing! Dryer works like 200% better now! My husband used to set the timed dry for 2 ninety minute cycles, and the stuff still wouldn't be dry to his satisfaction... now, I can set it on the automatic sensor setting of "more dry" and it's done in about 40 minutes, and everything is bone dry. I was hoping for a new dryer... now that it works again, can't get one. :-(

momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM
I love the tortilla bowls, pillow pets, pillow pet night light, pocket hose, cuddleupets

I hated the ear wax vac (it only works if i put tape around the seal otherwise it doesnt suck anything)

I want the magic screen, the freezy squeezy and a bunch of other stuff i cant remember ha ha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)