Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am 29 and need dental implants :'(

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 8 Replies

I am 29 years old and need dental implants. I knew this day was coming but  still very upset about it.

***Backstory:: I made the mistake of going to a regular dentist instead of an orthodontist for braces.  He kept me in them for 6 years.  The damage that having them on for so long to my teeth is horrendous and I literally have NO roots left as a result***

I have already had to have 4 teeth pulled.  I can't even tell you how many are broken and chipped.  They are basically all just falling apart.  I have decided to move forward with implants but am so nervous.

Have any of you had them placed?  Did they pull all of your other teeth first? If so, how long after pulling your teeth do u have to wait to get the implants?  When they place the implants are u awake or under general anesthesia?  How long does the procedure take? Is it sore or painful afterward and for how long?  How different do implants feel compared to your regular teeth?

by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
daytonbaby210
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I had braces also but went to an orthodontist and had them for about eight years. Between that and having my son my teeth shit the bed. i actually recently got a partial denture for the front. It does suck going through it but to me it was well worth the money doing it.

healthymom46
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I have no idea about implants. If you're nervous get a second opinion. If you can afford it; go to a "biodentist"...

I hope all works out for you.

God Bless~

mommaboudreaux
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Thank you! It helps to know that I am not alone especially being so young and already losing my teeth :(

Quoting daytonbaby210:

I had braces also but went to an orthodontist and had them for about eight years. Between that and having my son my teeth shit the bed. i actually recently got a partial denture for the front. It does suck going through it but to me it was well worth the money doing it.

daytonbaby210
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:29 AM

No problem. I am twenty three and it took a while for me to be okay with it.

Quoting mommaboudreaux:

Thank you! It helps to know that I am not alone especially being so young and already losing my teeth :(

Quoting daytonbaby210:

mommaboudreaux
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Unfortunately I have been told this by three different dentists.  What is a biodentist?

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Quoting healthymom46:

I have no idea about implants. If you're nervous get a second opinion. If you can afford it; go to a "biodentist"...

I hope all works out for you.

God Bless~

mommaboudreaux
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Oh my gosh you are even younger than me!!  What helped you be okay with it?

Quoting daytonbaby210:

Quoting mommaboudreaux:

Quoting daytonbaby210:

daytonbaby210
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:36 AM

I think ultimately for me with having a heart condition that getting an abcess could kill me. I looked at it like i am doing it to be healthier. I wanted my son to have his mother around. I wanted to be able to look in the mirror and feel pretty. I have not stopped smiling since the day that I got them. It was a huge boost to my confidence.

Quoting mommaboudreaux:

Oh my gosh you are even younger than me!!  What helped you be okay with it?

Quoting daytonbaby210:

Quoting mommaboudreaux:

Quoting daytonbaby210:

healthymom46
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM

A biodentist is a "biological dentist". Biodentistry is "holistic". They use "natural"...You can probably find recommendations at your local healthfood store or google "biodentist and your area".

I have also read that "biodentistry" is offered in Tijuana for 1/3 of the price than the U.S.

There's also youtube videos on biodentistry. I'm in Greece and biodentistry is very expensive here but I still would go and arrange payments with them until I had paid them off. It really is worth getting their "opinion" too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN