Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Major Depression

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 80 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm pregnant and I suffer from major depression it comes and goes one minute I'm happy go lucky. ( even when I wasn't pregnant) one minute and ready to ball my eyes out the next. I can't deal with it any more I've had enough
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

talk to your ob.

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I did I talked to her about ect ( electric convulsive therapy)therapy she didn't know much about it so she called her friend who is also a doctor and then she approved it

Quoting jobberwocky:

talk to your ob.

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:44 AM
She also didn't say much about the depression

Quoting Trinaj91:

I did I talked to her about ect ( electric convulsive therapy)therapy she didn't know much about it so she called her friend who is also a doctor and then she approved it

Quoting jobberwocky:

talk to your ob.

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Isn't that called bipolar? I personally would not have had kids if i wasn't stable emotionally or mentally. I had a step dad who was up and down. You never knew what would set him off. Even his bio kids won't be in the same room with him anymore. Last i heard he was living alone like a chain smoking hermit.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Definitely talk to your doctor about this.  Let him/her know that it was occuring even before the pregnancy or else they will try to tell you it's related to hormonal changes during pregnancy.

You also may want to check out the Depression Support group.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to a therapist or dr! Good luck!

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM
9 moms liked this
Just so u r aware!!! Just because u wouldn't have children if you had a mental illness doesn't mean others can't. Not to be rude but really if u have nothing positive or encourageing or anything to say that's supportive please don't say anything at all. There are tons of parents out there who have a mental illness that take better care of their children as appose to someone with out. Just because I suffer from depression and other mental illness doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to care for my child. Basicaly what u said I found it very rude and disrespectful. I'm not your step father last I checked I was a female who is giving birth in six and a half seven months. No its not always bipolar being happy one minute and sad or depressed the next. Its a symptom of it but it doesn't mean bipolar. That's ur opinion and ur choice. U have kids bc if u didn't u wouldn't be on this site. Also what u basicaly said is u personally wouldn't have kids with a mental illness or if u were unstable what would u do if u found out u had a mental illness? Are u gonna give up ur chidl or children? I don't think u would. People with illnesses can live normal lives. So again please don't post anything if u can't say anything nice. Encouraging or even be supportive. I don't know abot u but I was taught to think twice before I speak. That's all I have to say sorry if it came out rude.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Isn't that called bipolar? I personally would not have had kids if i wasn't stable emotionally or mentally. I had a step dad who was up and down. You never knew what would set him off. Even his bio kids won't be in the same room with him anymore. Last i heard he was living alone like a chain smoking hermit.

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Thanks for the luck. Oh by the way the baby on your profile picture is really cute. God Bless.

Quoting jconney80:

Talk to a therapist or dr! Good luck!

minnabird
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM

There are some medications that u can take while pregnant for depression...when i was pregnant i had been taking Prozac before the pregnancy, but had to switch to Zoloft when i became pregnant, so there ARE medications that can be taken.  Since u dealt with it before the pregnancy, just so u know,  it can get worse with the hormonal changes DURING the pregnancy as well, but especially after delivery, so i would talk to ur primary care as well as ur OB...if ur OB cant seem to offer any help with it...i'd find another that can.  

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok thank u for your support

Quoting minnabird:

There are some medications that u can take while pregnant for depression...when i was pregnant i had been taking Prozac before the pregnancy, but had to switch to Zoloft when i became pregnant, so there ARE medications that can be taken.  Since u dealt with it before the pregnancy, just so u know,  it can get worse with the hormonal changes DURING the pregnancy as well, but especially after delivery, so i would talk to ur primary care as well as ur OB...if ur OB cant seem to offer any help with it...i'd find another that can.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)