Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I'm pregnant and I suffer from major depression it comes and goes one minute I'm happy go lucky. ( even when I wasn't pregnant) one minute and ready to ball my eyes out the next. I can't deal with it any more I've had enough
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
m_d7221
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I do agree if you cant take care of a child you shouldnt have one, or if you are going to snap and beat them you shouldnt, that being said, no where in her post did she say such, so what if she crys in front of her kid, depression can be fixed, effexor is a good one, not every person snaps and wants to kill someone

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Isn't that called bipolar? I personally would not have had kids if i wasn't stable emotionally or mentally. I had a step dad who was up and down. You never knew what would set him off. Even his bio kids won't be in the same room with him anymore. Last i heard he was living alone like a chain smoking hermit.

m_d7221
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM

OP just wondering how old you are, is this your first baby? you can pm me if you want someone to talk to with out judging you, sometimes a stranger to listen to is the best thing

taKENheart
by Flovely on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish you all the best.  I bet it's not easy living with depression or bipolar. 
I wasn't depressed when I had my children and it came along many many years later.  I hope you can find help from a counselor or doctor.  Good Luck and hugs!

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Im 22 .and this is my first baby

Quoting m_d7221:

OP just wondering how old you are, is this your first baby? you can pm me if you want someone to talk to with out judging you, sometimes a stranger to listen to is the best thing

3kidz123
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Sorry! Being pregnant your options are limited, have you tried high doses of EPA? I took 1000mg while pregnant and now that I've given birth I'm up to 2000mg a day. I could safely go higher but 2000mg seems to be a good amount for now.

Also try a theripist, sometimes just having someone to talk to can do wonders.

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:29 AM
No whats epa . Can u still breastfeed on it?.

Quoting 3kidz123:

Sorry! Being pregnant your options are limited, have you tried high doses of EPA? I took 1000mg while pregnant and now that I've given birth I'm up to 2000mg a day. I could safely go higher but 2000mg seems to be a good amount for now.

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM
No whats epa . Can u still breastfeed on it?.

Quoting 3kidz123:

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:45 AM
No. Read it again. I said if i wasn't stable. I know people on meds that are under control and are great parents. If i was up and down i would not do that to a child. Don't like to hear an uncomfortable truth? Don't post your business.

Quoting Trinaj91:

Just so u r aware!!! Just because u wouldn't have children if you had a mental illness doesn't mean others can't. Not to be rude but really if u have nothing positive or encourageing or anything to say that's supportive please don't say anything at all. There are tons of parents out there who have a mental illness that take better care of their children as appose to someone with out. Just because I suffer from depression and other mental illness doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to care for my child. Basicaly what u said I found it very rude and disrespectful. I'm not your step father last I checked I was a female who is giving birth in six and a half seven months. No its not always bipolar being happy one minute and sad or depressed the next. Its a symptom of it but it doesn't mean bipolar. That's ur opinion and ur choice. U have kids bc if u didn't u wouldn't be on this site. Also what u basicaly said is u personally wouldn't have kids with a mental illness or if u were unstable what would u do if u found out u had a mental illness? Are u gonna give up ur chidl or children? I don't think u would. People with illnesses can live normal lives. So again please don't post anything if u can't say anything nice. Encouraging or even be supportive. I don't know abot u but I was taught to think twice before I speak. That's all I have to say sorry if it came out rude.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Isn't that called bipolar? I personally would not have had kids if i wasn't stable emotionally or mentally. I had a step dad who was up and down. You never knew what would set him off. Even his bio kids won't be in the same room with him anymore. Last i heard he was living alone like a chain smoking hermit.

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Kids need consistency. Making sure she could offer that should have been handled before she got pregnant. Its like being so poor that you like on a shelter then coming here asking how to get a house because you are pregnant. Prepare BEFORE you have kids and make sure you can take care if them physically, emotionally and financially.

Quoting m_d7221:

I do agree if you cant take care of a child you shouldnt have one, or if you are going to snap and beat them you shouldnt, that being said, no where in her post did she say such, so what if she crys in front of her kid, depression can be fixed, effexor is a good one, not every person snaps and wants to kill someone

Quoting NDADanceMom:

border7305
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
OOO Sweetie I'm Sorry you are feeling so bad.. Please Call Your DR. You can get Help for It.. Here's A Big Hug for You.. :):)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)