Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I'm pregnant and I suffer from major depression it comes and goes one minute I'm happy go lucky. ( even when I wasn't pregnant) one minute and ready to ball my eyes out the next. I can't deal with it any more I've had enough
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
Single88Mama
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting NDADanceMom:

Kids need consistency. Making sure she could offer that should have been handled before she got pregnant. Its like being so poor that you like on a shelter then coming here asking how to get a house because you are pregnant. Prepare BEFORE you have kids and make sure you can take care if them physically, emotionally and financially.

Quoting m_d7221:

I do agree if you cant take care of a child you shouldnt have one, or if you are going to snap and beat them you shouldnt, that being said, no where in her post did she say such, so what if she crys in front of her kid, depression can be fixed, effexor is a good one, not every person snaps and wants to kill someone

Quoting NDADanceMom:Isn't that called bipolar? I personally would not have had kids if i wasn't stable emotionally or mentally. I had a step dad who was up and down. You never knew what would set him off. Even his bio kids won't be in the same room with him anymore. Last i heard he was living alone like a chain smoking hermit.

My my my, well who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

Some women develop depression during their pregnancy. Should they just abort their children then because they are "unstable"? The woman is trying to get some help and get to a better place before her child is born. She doesn't sound too unstable to me. She has acknowledged her problem and realizes she needs help. That takes a lot for someone to do. There are many who do not seek help, knowing they need it, and they suffer for it. If they have children, the children suffer as well. That's how an unstable environment is created. Seeking help because you know you have a problem is not unstable by any means. I hope you get the help you need OP.

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM
In this case she was very clear that she was unstable before getting pregnant. It is so unfortunate the mothers here are only looking for a free pass on bad choices.

Quoting Single88Mama:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Kids need consistency. Making sure she could offer that should have been handled before she got pregnant. Its like being so poor that you like on a shelter then coming here asking how to get a house because you are pregnant. Prepare BEFORE you have kids and make sure you can take care if them physically, emotionally and financially.

Quoting m_d7221:

I do agree if you cant take care of a child you shouldnt have one, or if you are going to snap and beat them you shouldnt, that being said, no where in her post did she say such, so what if she crys in front of her kid, depression can be fixed, effexor is a good one, not every person snaps and wants to kill someone

Quoting NDADanceMom:Isn't that called bipolar? I personally would not have had kids if i wasn't stable emotionally or mentally. I had a step dad who was up and down. You never knew what would set him off. Even his bio kids won't be in the same room with him anymore. Last i heard he was living alone like a chain smoking hermit.

Some women develop depression during their pregnancy. Should they just abort their children then because they are "unstable"? The woman is trying to get some help and get to a better place before her child is born. She doesn't sound too unstable to me. She has acknowledged her problem and realizes she needs help. That takes a lot for someone to do. There are many who do not seek help, knowing they need it, and they suffer for it. If they have children, the children suffer as well. That's how an unstable environment is created. Seeking help because you know you have a problem is not unstable by any means. I hope you get the help you need OP.

Single88Mama
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM
So because she is now seeking help, before her child is born, she's made a bad choice? Lol ok. The woman was just looking for some advice and support. This is the real world, no one has this perfect stability before having children. Yes, you can plan and prepare, and you should, but that in no way guarantees that you'll be ready to go 100% once the child arrives. There's always the unknown factor. Nothing is ever perfect nor will it ever be.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

In this case she was very clear that she was unstable before getting pregnant. It is so unfortunate the mothers here are only looking for a free pass on bad choices.

Quoting Single88Mama:
Quoting NDADanceMom:Kids need consistency. Making sure she could offer that should have been handled before she got pregnant. Its like being so poor that you like on a shelter then coming here asking how to get a house because you are pregnant. Prepare BEFORE you have kids and make sure you can take care if them physically, emotionally and financially.

Quoting m_d7221:

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM
No the bad choice was getting pregnant when she wasnt ready. Thought i was pretty clear about that.

Quoting Single88Mama:

So because she is now seeking help, before her child is born, she's made a bad choice? Lol ok. The woman was just looking for some advice and support. This is the real world, no one has this perfect stability before having children. Yes, you can plan and prepare, and you should, but that in no way guarantees that you'll be ready to go 100% once the child arrives. There's always the unknown factor. Nothing is ever perfect nor will it ever be.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Single88Mama:
Quoting NDADanceMom:Kids need consistency. Making sure she could offer that should have been handled before she got pregnant. Its like being so poor that you like on a shelter then coming here asking how to get a house because you are pregnant. Prepare BEFORE you have kids and make sure you can take care if them physically, emotionally and financially.

Quoting m_d7221:

Single88Mama
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
You concluded she isn't ready because she has issues with depression and mentioned she had these issues prior to becoming pregnant. She never went into specifics as whether she was on any kind of medication before or trying to find a treatment that works best for her. We don't really know the back story. You based her instability off one small statement, and you choose to overlook the fact that she is actively seeking help now. She is preparing a more stable environment for her child, so obviously she gives a damn about what she is going through. She isn't ignoring it. If she didn't care about her issues would affect her child, she wouldn't be doing anything about it. That is my point. You clearly carry a negative association towards those who have issues with mood disorders, and you are judging this woman based off your personal experiences.

Quoting NDADanceMom:No the bad choice was getting pregnant when she wasnt ready. Thought i was pretty clear about that.

Quoting Single88Mama:So because she is now seeking help, before her child is born, she's made a bad choice? Lol ok. The woman was just looking for some advice and support. This is the real world, no one has this perfect stability before having children. Yes, you can plan and prepare, and you should, but that in no way guarantees that you'll be ready to go 100% once the child arrives. There's always the unknown factor. Nothing is ever perfect nor will it ever be.

Quoting NDADanceMom:In this case she was very clear that she was unstable before getting pregnant. It is so unfortunate the mothers here are only looking for a free pass on bad choices.

Quoting Single88Mama:

Quoting m_d7221:

littlebugs2113
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
i have a depression and anxiety disorder. so I feel for you. without meds i was fine one minute and sad the next. pregnancy hormones certainly do not help. i stopped taking my meds during pregnancy. and incase you didn't already know, having depression makes you a good candidate for post-partum depression, of course lol. i had severe post-partum. so i always got back on my meds asap after giving birth. i know there are some meds you can take during pregnancy, you should look for a doc that is knowledgable about it, thats for sure! try to find an outlet. i have a 'happy movie' that i watch when i feel sad. or a nice warm bath. whatever makes you feel better. best of luck :)

oh, and btw -- that's totally bogus saying you wouldn't have kids just becuz you have a mental illness. there are both good and bad parents who have mental illnesses. and there are damn sure both good and bad parents who do not have mental illnesses either. gimme a break.

Quoting Trinaj91:

Just so u r aware!!! Just because u wouldn't have children if you had a mental illness doesn't mean others can't. Not to be rude but really if u have nothing positive or encourageing or anything to say that's supportive please don't say anything at all. There are tons of parents out there who have a mental illness that take better care of their children as appose to someone with out. Just because I suffer from depression and other mental illness doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to care for my child. Basicaly what u said I found it very rude and disrespectful. I'm not your step father last I checked I was a female who is giving birth in six and a half seven months. No its not always bipolar being happy one minute and sad or depressed the next. Its a symptom of it but it doesn't mean bipolar. That's ur opinion and ur choice. U have kids bc if u didn't u wouldn't be on this site. Also what u basicaly said is u personally wouldn't have kids with a mental illness or if u were unstable what would u do if u found out u had a mental illness? Are u gonna give up ur chidl or children? I don't think u would. People with illnesses can live normal lives. So again please don't post anything if u can't say anything nice. Encouraging or even be supportive. I don't know abot u but I was taught to think twice before I speak. That's all I have to say sorry if it came out rude.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Isn't that called bipolar? I personally would not have had kids if i wasn't stable emotionally or mentally. I had a step dad who was up and down. You never knew what would set him off. Even his bio kids won't be in the same room with him anymore. Last i heard he was living alone like a chain smoking hermit.

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Thank u

Quoting Single88Mama:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting m_d7221:

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Good pointer but it wasnt me who said I wouldnt have children the dancemom lady said it.

Quoting littlebugs2113:

i have a depression and anxiety disorder. so I feel for you. without meds i was fine one minute and sad the next. pregnancy hormones certainly do not help. i stopped taking my meds during pregnancy. and incase you didn't already know, having depression makes you a good candidate for post-partum depression, of course lol. i had severe post-partum. so i always got back on my meds asap after giving birth. i know there are some meds you can take during pregnancy, you should look for a doc that is knowledgable about it, thats for sure! try to find an outlet. i have a 'happy movie' that i watch when i feel sad. or a nice warm bath. whatever makes you feel better. best of luck :)

oh, and btw -- that's totally bogus saying you wouldn't have kids just becuz you have a mental illness. there are both good and bad parents who have mental illnesses. and there are damn sure both good and bad parents who do not have mental illnesses either. gimme a break.

Quoting Trinaj91:

Just so u r aware!!! Just because u wouldn't have children if you had a mental illness doesn't mean others can't. Not to be rude but really if u have nothing positive or encourageing or anything to say that's supportive please don't say anything at all. There are tons of parents out there who have a mental illness that take better care of their children as appose to someone with out. Just because I suffer from depression and other mental illness doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to care for my child. Basicaly what u said I found it very rude and disrespectful. I'm not your step father last I checked I was a female who is giving birth in six and a half seven months. No its not always bipolar being happy one minute and sad or depressed the next. Its a symptom of it but it doesn't mean bipolar. That's ur opinion and ur choice. U have kids bc if u didn't u wouldn't be on this site. Also what u basicaly said is u personally wouldn't have kids with a mental illness or if u were unstable what would u do if u found out u had a mental illness? Are u gonna give up ur chidl or children? I don't think u would. People with illnesses can live normal lives. So again please don't post anything if u can't say anything nice. Encouraging or even be supportive. I don't know abot u but I was taught to think twice before I speak. That's all I have to say sorry if it came out rude.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Isn't that called bipolar? I personally would not have had kids if i wasn't stable emotionally or mentally. I had a step dad who was up and down. You never knew what would set him off. Even his bio kids won't be in the same room with him anymore. Last i heard he was living alone like a chain smoking hermit.

littlebugs2113
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:07 PM
oh i know, sorry, i shoulda been more clear on who I was addressing in that part!
Trinaj91
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok thanks for your support

Quoting littlebugs2113:

oh i know, sorry, i shoulda been more clear on who I was addressing in that part!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)