Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I'm pregnant and I suffer from major depression it comes and goes one minute I'm happy go lucky. ( even when I wasn't pregnant) one minute and ready to ball my eyes out the next. I can't deal with it any more I've had enough
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
m.johnson12
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I totally agree, if someone is already feeling down and blue, why make comments to make them feel even worse? I would recommend speaking to a doc. Also, try to find activities to do to get your mind off of all the negativity. It's ok to feel down sometimes, we all do. Especially when we are pregnant. I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old. I still feel very depressed at times. Time will heal. Good luck! :) stay strong!

pedritosmama
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I got anti-depressants while pregnant (b/c my husband left me while I was pregnant).  I took busiprone.  Talk to your OB about it.  I definitely understand.  Stress can affect the baby.  Thankfully, it didn't hurt my baby.  I had the worst pain possible, and sometimes cried so hard I was screaming, because of the pain of my husband leaving.  I can't believe my son turned out so healthy in those circumstances, but I'm thankful.

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Thank you

Quoting m.johnson12:

I totally agree, if someone is already feeling down and blue, why make comments to make them feel even worse? I would recommend speaking to a doc. Also, try to find activities to do to get your mind off of all the negativity. It's ok to feel down sometimes, we all do. Especially when we are pregnant. I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old. I still feel very depressed at times. Time will heal. Good luck! :) stay strong!

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM
That's good u have a healthy baby

Quoting pedritosmama:

I got anti-depressants while pregnant (b/c my husband left me while I was pregnant).  I took busiprone.  Talk to your OB about it.  I definitely understand.  Stress can affect the baby.  Thankfully, it didn't hurt my baby.  I had the worst pain possible, and sometimes cried so hard I was screaming, because of the pain of my husband leaving.  I can't believe my son turned out so healthy in those circumstances, but I'm thankful.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Please talk with your doctor. I hope you feel better soon.

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I will thank u

Quoting Bmat:

Please talk with your doctor. I hope you feel better soon.

Bajanmama
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I get depressed sometimes too. And it can be bad. I went to a psychiatrist who promptly prescribed meds but when I googled the names I didn't take them anymore. One was an anti seizure med and one an antipsychotic and I'm not psychotic. She wanted to hospitalize me too. I stopped going. I don't need someone taking my money and labeling me and locking me away thanks very much. My husband is very supportive of me, always looking for ways to make me happy. I'm not so bad now. I think it was probably hormonal, which  I thought she would probably understand being a woman. She didn't even act like she had heard anything I said. You can probably find something to help you even if you are pregnant. My cousin is manic depressive and she had a child while she was on medication. He was just fine, she just couldn't nurse him. They gave her something to dry up the milk. Don't listen to anyone implying that you shouldn't have kids if you're ill. My kids are the centre of my world. They ground me. Because of them I have to overcome my own shortcomings to do what is best for them. I have to leave my house and talk to teachers or buy stuff they need. I have to pick myself up when I don't feel like it and look after them. You can do it. You haven't said if you're gonna be a single mom but even if you are it can still work out well for you. Being a mom changes your life, and your life can be better with your baby in it. Motherhood takes you out of yourself, because your child is more important than your moods, your weaknesses, your fears. I wish you every success, with your pregnancy and beyond. Best of luck. And congrats, mama.

m.johnson12
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Your very welcome! :)

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Talk to your OB and pray. Everything will work out. Stay strong :) (( hugs))
Trinaj91
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Thank u

Quoting Bajanmama:

I get depressed sometimes too. And it can be bad. I went to a psychiatrist who promptly prescribed meds but when I googled the names I didn't take them anymore. One was an anti seizure med and one an antipsychotic and I'm not psychotic. She wanted to hospitalize me too. I stopped going. I don't need someone taking my money and labeling me and locking me away thanks very much. My husband is very supportive of me, always looking for ways to make me happy. I'm not so bad now. I think it was probably hormonal, which  I thought she would probably understand being a woman. She didn't even act like she had heard anything I said. You can probably find something to help you even if you are pregnant. My cousin is manic depressive and she had a child while she was on medication. He was just fine, she just couldn't nurse him. They gave her something to dry up the milk. Don't listen to anyone implying that you shouldn't have kids if you're ill. My kids are the centre of my world. They ground me. Because of them I have to overcome my own shortcomings to do what is best for them. I have to leave my house and talk to teachers or buy stuff they need. I have to pick myself up when I don't feel like it and look after them. You can do it. You haven't said if you're gonna be a single mom but even if you are it can still work out well for you. Being a mom changes your life, and your life can be better with your baby in it. Motherhood takes you out of yourself, because your child is more important than your moods, your weaknesses, your fears. I wish you every success, with your pregnancy and beyond. Best of luck. And congrats, mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN