Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I'm pregnant and I suffer from major depression it comes and goes one minute I'm happy go lucky. ( even when I wasn't pregnant) one minute and ready to ball my eyes out the next. I can't deal with it any more I've had enough
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
littlebugs2113
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Have u ever considered homeopathics? I was high-risk during my last pregnancy (due to c-sections being very close together) and my doc ok'd homeopathics for me. Ignatia Amara is good for grief & emotional upsets. Nerve Tonic by Hyland's is GREAT for like nerves, tension and stress, and Calms Forte is good for stress and nerves, helps u sleep too. you can get homeopathics at pretty much any natural foods type store or order them online. They are what helped me make it thru pregnancy without meds.

also, when ur feeling upset, a tip a doctor friend gave me: take a warm (HOT BATH when ur not pregnant - as hot as you can stand!) bath and while ur in there Drink a big glass of ICE COLD water. Idk why, but it helps. Really helps if ur having an anxiety attack too. Something about the heat on your skin and the cold in your stomach, send conflicting signals to the brain and kinda distract it or something. Idk, but it really helps me lol. just suggestions, gotta find what works for you . ((HUGS)) :)

and Singlemom88 (hope I got that right.) The last sentence of your last reply on here completely took the words right outta my mouth! Lol
jennieluvmanny
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Isn't that called bipolar? I personally would not have had kids if i wasn't stable emotionally or mentally. I had a step dad who was up and down. You never knew what would set him off. Even his bio kids won't be in the same room with him anymore. Last i heard he was living alone like a chain smoking hermit.

jennieluvmanny
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Just because someone is bipolar doesn't mean you can't be a mom I'm bipolar and I have two beautiful kids As long as you take the right medication and see a doctor That you're comfortable with It can be kept under control It's not fair to tell someone if you have any problems don't have kids In that case no one should have kids
jennieluvmanny
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Isn't that called bipolar? I personally would not have had kids if i wasn't stable emotionally or mentally. I had a step dad who was up and down. You never knew what would set him off. Even his bio kids won't be in the same room with him anymore. Last i heard he was living alone like a chain smoking hermit.

jennieluvmanny
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Quoting jennieluvmanny:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

jennieluvmanny
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Also while you're pregnant there are medications your OB can give you for depression If you are already suffered with depression your hormones while pregnant will make it worse I had to switch medicines when I was pregnant But its all controllable You may also want to go to a psychiatrist Maybe once a week just to talk Along with that and medication you should make it through fine But consider everything you're going through before you decide to have another child Just in case the medications and other things don't help But you can still be a good mother just have faith
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I am rather hesitant to explain this again because i keep running into women at the low end of the gene pool and they seem to have comprehension issues.
I don't care who has kids. I clearly said i that is I as in me, my personal choice for myself, would not have kids if I were emotionally, financially or physically unable to take care of my child.
This can happen by birth, not having issues to start with, or by medications. This woman is not stable and was not stable before getting pregnant. A bad choice in my opinion.

Quoting jennieluvmanny:

Just because someone is bipolar doesn't mean you can't be a mom I'm bipolar and I have two beautiful kids As long as you take the right medication and see a doctor That you're comfortable with It can be kept under control It's not fair to tell someone if you have any problems don't have kids In that case no one should have kids
Beth3721
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats how I was when I was pregnant. If you can't find treatment now, I would suggest doing something immediately after delivery.

m_d7221
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

single88mama, you are so right, this is my thoughts to, she did say she was doing this before getting pregnant, but that is all we know, and I would put money on it, that it was her at a depreddes state writing this, by that I mean she was in her spot of crying and such, I know this as I been in the same spot, a spot where you feel like you dont have anyone to REALLY talk to, we lost a baby girl a year ago, I carried her for 17 and a have weeks, I sit and will just start crying, no I am not bi polor, some times minds run 100 different ways at once and you get over whelmed, we have been trying and trying for another, and we have 3 kids, and even before our last pregnancy i had problems with depression, and have never been on a med that helps, till the exfexor, and i still have my sad times even on it, I say all this to say, no I am not perfect no one is but put you who think you are so great, lets put our kids to the test, my kids are happy, healthy, loving, i try to not break down in front of them but i have in the past year, the come sit on me and ask if I am on, is it cause i miss Savannah, they lay on my and hug me, so maybe kids help us as well as meds I dont know, maybe I just raised my kids to care for others as well as them self.

Quoting Single88Mama:

You concluded she isn't ready because she has issues with depression and mentioned she had these issues prior to becoming pregnant. She never went into specifics as whether she was on any kind of medication before or trying to find a treatment that works best for her. We don't really know the back story. You based her instability off one small statement, and you choose to overlook the fact that she is actively seeking help now. She is preparing a more stable environment for her child, so obviously she gives a damn about what she is going through. She isn't ignoring it. If she didn't care about her issues would affect her child, she wouldn't be doing anything about it. That is my point. You clearly carry a negative association towards those who have issues with mood disorders, and you are judging this woman based off your personal experiences.

Quoting NDADanceMom:No the bad choice was getting pregnant when she wasnt ready. Thought i was pretty clear about that.

Quoting Single88Mama:So because she is now seeking help, before her child is born, she's made a bad choice? Lol ok. The woman was just looking for some advice and support. This is the real world, no one has this perfect stability before having children. Yes, you can plan and prepare, and you should, but that in no way guarantees that you'll be ready to go 100% once the child arrives. There's always the unknown factor. Nothing is ever perfect nor will it ever be.

Quoting NDADanceMom:In this case she was very clear that she was unstable before getting pregnant. It is so unfortunate the mothers here are only looking for a free pass on bad choices.

Quoting Single88Mama:
Quoting NDADanceMom:Kids need consistency. Making sure she could offer that should have been handled before she got pregnant. Its like being so poor that you like on a shelter then coming here asking how to get a house because you are pregnant. Prepare BEFORE you have kids and make sure you can take care if them physically, emotionally and financially.

Quoting m_d7221:

I do agree if you cant take care of a child you shouldnt have one, or if you are going to snap and beat them you shouldnt, that being said, no where in her post did she say such, so what if she crys in front of her kid, depression can be fixed, effexor is a good one, not every person snaps and wants to kill someone

Quoting NDADanceMom:Isn't that called bipolar? I personally would not have had kids if i wasn't stable emotionally or mentally. I had a step dad who was up and down. You never knew what would set him off. Even his bio kids won't be in the same room with him anymore. Last i heard he was living alone like a chain smoking hermit.

My my my, well who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

Some women develop depression during their pregnancy. Should they just abort their children then because they are "unstable"? The woman is trying to get some help and get to a better place before her child is born. She doesn't sound too unstable to me. She has acknowledged her problem and realizes she needs help. That takes a lot for someone to do. There are many who do not seek help, knowing they need it, and they suffer for it. If they have children, the children suffer as well. That's how an unstable environment is created. Seeking help because you know you have a problem is not unstable by any means. I hope you get the help you need OP.

Single88Mama
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Everyone got what you said correct. You can reword it how you want, you are still looking down on this woman because it's something you wouldn't do. So because we don't agree with your personal opinion, we have comprehension issues lol ok. If that's what you need to say to make yourself feel better, because no one else agrees with your opinion, then good for you. You entered the conversation with a rude, nasty and negative attitude. Someone must have pissed in your cheerios again. Hmm..wonder why..

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I am rather hesitant to explain this again because i keep running into women at the low end of the gene pool and they seem to have comprehension issues.

I don't care who has kids. I clearly said i that is I as in me, my personal choice for myself, would not have kids if I were emotionally, financially or physically unable to take care of my child.

This can happen by birth, not having issues to start with, or by medications. This woman is not stable and was not stable before getting pregnant. A bad choice in my opinion.

Quoting jennieluvmanny:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)