Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I'm pregnant and I suffer from major depression it comes and goes one minute I'm happy go lucky. ( even when I wasn't pregnant) one minute and ready to ball my eyes out the next. I can't deal with it any more I've had enough
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Replies (71-80):
Trinaj91
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I wasn't raped I was when I was three but not with this pregnancy. U just don't get the point I'm trying to make. I had enough of ur damn sarcasm

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Sorry I didnt know you were raped and then forced to raise a child you did not plan on.  Most people do have the option to use proper birth control or give a child up for adoption they are not able to take care of.  You must be one of the few that was forced to get pregnant with no option to prepare for it. 

Quoting Trinaj91:

Not everyone has the luxury of planning a family before getting pregnant. Life doesn't offer the luxury of notice before major life changing Decisions. So again watch how and what U say. Please don't be so judgmental.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I am rather hesitant to explain this again because i keep running into women at the low end of the gene pool and they seem to have comprehension issues.

I don't care who has kids. I clearly said i that is I as in me, my personal choice for myself, would not have kids if I were emotionally, financially or physically unable to take care of my child.

This can happen by birth, not having issues to start with, or by medications. This woman is not stable and was not stable before getting pregnant. A bad choice in my opinion.

Quoting jennieluvmanny:

Just because someone is bipolar doesn't mean you can't be a mom I'm bipolar and I have two beautiful kids As long as you take the right medication and see a doctor That you're comfortable with It can be kept under control It's not fair to tell someone if you have any problems don't have kids In that case no one should have kids

MusherMaggie
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I've also heard that upping B vitamins and magnesium can help with this, in conjunction with whatever other therapy has been prescribed. You might look into having thyroid levels checked, too. Low thyroid can also have an effect in depression. Exercise, too, in whatever amount or form you doctor allows.
KM_2
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I didn't read all the comments there are a lot .. But on the first page I seem ECT mentioned. Are you considering it? I did it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trinaj91
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm doing it now and I have done it in the past. This Monday that just past was my first time while I'm pregnant! I'm going to have ECT Mondays and Fridays they think that Monday Wednesday and Friday will be too much for the baby so they are just going with Mondays and Fridays.

Quoting KM_2:

I didn't read all the comments there are a lot .. But on the first page I seem ECT mentioned. Are you considering it? I did it.

KM_2
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
That's awesome! Good for you. I'm glad you are doing it regardless of the stigma. I'm pregnant an starting it up again soon.

Quoting Trinaj91:

I'm doing it now and I have done it in the past. This Monday that just past was my first time while I'm pregnant! I'm going to have ECT Mondays and Fridays they think that Monday Wednesday and Friday will be too much for the baby so they are just going with Mondays and Fridays.

Quoting KM_2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trinaj91
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM
That's good. My psych dr and the psych dr that does the ECT says its healthier than medication for the baby. I'm glad you can relate to what I'm going through right now. Where r u from I'm from Poughkeepsie new york and the dr doing my ECT is dr Sheth he's very awesome and reassuring. He is also good at comforting and talking to his patience.

Quoting KM_2:

That's awesome! Good for you. I'm glad you are doing it regardless of the stigma. I'm pregnant an starting it up again soon.

Quoting Trinaj91:

Quoting KM_2:

Trinaj91
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Not only that but he try's to avoid hospitalizations as much as possible :).

Quoting Trinaj91:

That's good. My psych dr and the psych dr that does the ECT says its healthier than medication for the baby. I'm glad you can relate to what I'm going through right now. Where r u from I'm from Poughkeepsie new york and the dr doing my ECT is dr Sheth he's very awesome and reassuring. He is also good at comforting and talking to his patience.

Quoting KM_2:

Quoting Trinaj91:

Quoting KM_2:

newmom2288
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hi, this is hard for me, I grew up believing that  I was in charge of my feelings, that I did what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it.  I feel withdrawn from people and I have always used the excuse that I grew up with animals in my life.  When my mother was yelling at me or I felt sad I would go to my horses.  I never had a true girl friend like you see in the movies.  I have always been a little tom boy and not much of a girly girl which means I tended to get along better with the guys because they never talked about their feelings and I was, I am so used to keeping mine in.  I am  physical person meaning I show who I am through my actions.  But now more than ever I feel that maybe I just have been lying to myself.  I am five months pregnant and it's so hard for me to admit to anyone I feel lost.  I am unbelievably happy to be pregnant, but I feel unmotivated, so unhappy with myself these days.  I have always been a procrastinator and I feel like I can never change that about myself, that when I try and I feel like I am getting better something happens and I sink down into this hole and I wait and wait there.  I am a coward for not facing the things I know I have to do.   I don't know how to change, how to become a better person.  My house is a mess, I need to fix up our shed so we can move our horses over here, I need to pay bills on time, I need to find a job that I actually enjoy but I am stuck.  I feel like there is so many things and I just want to give up and run away from it all.  I love my boyfriend so very much, but I feel like I can't even talk to him about anythng because he is so perfect and is on top of his game while I just dream of being better for him, for our baby, for my family, and myself.  My mother and I have decided not to talk to eachother from our last incident of her being drunk and wanting me to feel bad for her and what my father put her through when they were getting a divorce, which happened 13 years ago...  I wish she could be the mother my boyfriends mother is to him and to even me.  How do I deal with life?   I want so badly to be a better person.

BNC1100
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM

NOt disagreeing about meds but just so you know I was on zoloft while pregnant also didnt work for me but be careful while taking it while pregnant there is a huge lawsuit over zoloft causing birth defects , just make sure you do your research on anything that is perscribed. I was on it a zillion years ago and  I was taking 50mg pills cut in half. I didnt keep myself on it but for 3 months I think it was, but just be carefull, not trying to scare you.

Also if you havent already check out the The depression support center on here, maybe it might help is you can talk to someone going thorugh the same things. A good support system is always good to have as well. Cognitive behavioral therapy worked pretty good for me, but I am being hit with a bunch of mental issues right now so I have to go back on meds to regulate myself out again.

Quoting Trinaj91:

Ok thank u for your support

Quoting minnabird:

There are some medications that u can take while pregnant for depression...when i was pregnant i had been taking Prozac before the pregnancy, but had to switch to Zoloft when i became pregnant, so there ARE medications that can be taken.  Since u dealt with it before the pregnancy, just so u know,  it can get worse with the hormonal changes DURING the pregnancy as well, but especially after delivery, so i would talk to ur primary care as well as ur OB...if ur OB cant seem to offer any help with it...i'd find another that can.  

BNC1100
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I find NDADancemom being highly offensive to everyone on this thread. What if you developed depression after you had your kids? We are aware that YOU would personally not have children if you had a mental health issue but we cant all be perfectionists like you , its not like we asked for this stuff to happen to us? I think it is really shity that you see yourself as being at the "upper end of the gene pool " that kind of makes you a narcissist  which is also a mental health issue btw

Quoting Trinaj91:

Just bc I have a depression disorder doesn't mean I'm not stable stop talking crap just end it already

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I am rather hesitant to explain this again because i keep running into women at the low end of the gene pool and they seem to have comprehension issues.

I don't care who has kids. I clearly said i that is I as in me, my personal choice for myself, would not have kids if I were emotionally, financially or physically unable to take care of my child.

This can happen by birth, not having issues to start with, or by medications. This woman is not stable and was not stable before getting pregnant. A bad choice in my opinion.

Quoting jennieluvmanny:

Just because someone is bipolar doesn't mean you can't be a mom I'm bipolar and I have two beautiful kids As long as you take the right medication and see a doctor That you're comfortable with It can be kept under control It's not fair to tell someone if you have any problems don't have kids In that case no one should have kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)