Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SAHM's

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM
  • 21 Replies
For all the stay at home mothers, what does a typical day look like for you and your little one(s)? Age(s)?
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Im a stay at home mom. All my kids are in school full time now youngest in 1st grade. My day starts by getting them all up and ready for school, breakfast, off to bus stop. Come home clean house, decide whats for dinner either start prep for that or put it in crock pot. Start laundry, get kids from bus stop get them to sports practices then home in time to make dinner or eat. Its an every day process. Gets very boring ...
MrsReese17
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I can't wait until my little one (soon to be ones) are in school lol we have a long way to go daughter is one and son will be here next week LOL. I so look forward to those days! I've been a SAHM for a year now, probably going to go back to work soon but in the future I would love to do this again!

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Im a stay at home mom. All my kids are in school full time now youngest in 1st grade. My day starts by getting them all up and ready for school, breakfast, off to bus stop. Come home clean house, decide whats for dinner either start prep for that or put it in crock pot. Start laundry, get kids from bus stop get them to sports practices then home in time to make dinner or eat. Its an every day process. Gets very boring ...

Teeter-Totter
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Wake up, stretch, animal chores, coffee, shower and dressed.

Make breakfast, wake up littles, eat and clean up.

Chores of the day while they play, then stories/ games/ circle time

Tea/ snack and outside play until lunch

Lunch and cleanup

Story and nap

Tea/ Snack and something artsy crafty

Inside/ outside play, then clean up , daddy gets home

Make dinner while they play with daddy

Eat, clean up, family time

Bath, story, bedtime

Mommy/ daddy time

More or less, each day is a little different. Mine are 2 and 3
Cassidysmom611
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM

The girls and I get up around 6-6:15, they have breakfast (sometimes when they will eat), then they get dressed, the youngest brushes her hair and teeth and I get her on the bus for Preschool at 7:30.

My 3rd grader and I come back inside and get her hair done and brush her teeth, and she gets on the bus at 8:30.

I usually run down the street, get a coffee then come home, put on The Today show, clean, do laundry, attend Drs appointments, eat lunch then my yougest gets home at 1:30. When she gets home, we spend some time together then get my oldest off the bus at 330. 

We all come in then I start dinner at 4, my oldest does homework and my youngest reads some picture books lol. On Tuesdays, and Wednesdays though we have dance and ccd so dinner gets pushed back on those nights.

They get TV time after homework, then 7:30 we shut the TV off and they can read or go to sleep. Bed time is at 8. 

Usually after they go to bed I either watch tv with DH or go to sleep. 

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

get up at 6:30am to get my 10 year old up and ready for school. at 7am send him off to the bus stop. go and crawl back into bed and sleep in till my 9 month old wakes up around 10am. then spend the day with her just hanging out playing and getting some cleaning done. my 10 year old gets home from school at 3:30pm. so then I spend time with him. talking to him about school and his day while he has after school snack. then he gets started on homework. my husband usually gets home right around this time as well. spend time relaxing and watching tv and that. then get started on dinner. then showers and bed.

pregnantmama105
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
its never the same. but we wake up around 7 (sometimes earlier sometimes later)

I get ds breakfast

and I start cleaning either with music or just talking to ds.... i pick up ds toys. unload or load the dish washer. wipe down counters and stove sweep and mop the floor. get the garbage taken out

finally i sit down to eat and go on cm for a bit... by then its 8/830 SO has been home for a short while. I help putnhis stuff away. and finish eating.

clean ds and let him play. while I work for an hr.
going back and forth between facebook and cm

its 9 and I unload the dishes. and if there is any more inload it again.

I play with ds for about 30-45 mins. and get him a snack

most times this is when get supper in thw slow cooker

then I get a load of laundry done.
and work until 11.

get lunch made and watch youtube video (s) with ds.
and we both have lunch.. make sure i get laundry out

by his time its noon And we get ready to go down forna 2hr nap.

we wake up and play and have snack.

I check my emails and such. cm any catching up in my shows...

then its supper

after supper i get ds ready for bath... by now its 630.

after bath ds and in cuddle and he has his sippy of milk and read storys or watch videos.
and by 8 he's in bed

and days we do errands we do them first thing in the morning. any detailed cleaning also gets done first thing. before 11....
MrsReese17
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:54 PM
You mommies are awesome! We all are!! Stay at home or not, we all are! I'm just saying as someone who has been a SAHM for the past year, it truly is a job in itself but one I wouldn't trade for the world! We are the ones that make sure the house and kids are in order and prepared for the day! Super.
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:06 PM
In days i stay at home (I'm a teacher but just subbing this year as i have a baby due soon) i wake up around 6 and get coffee started, and wait for my niece to be dropped off. She's 3 months old and i watch her a couple days a week.
I wake the kids up by 6:30 and dh is usually down by then having coffee and chatting with me. The kids pretty much get themselves ready but i remind my son to brush his teeth and hair and i help my daughter with her hair. I bring them to school, run any errands that need to be done, clean up the breakfast mess and work on a project around the house if the baby is napping, otherwise i play with her.
I usually have a nap with her after lunch (third trimester so i get worn out easy and don't sleep well at night.) i pick the kids up at 3 and drive them to activities. I go home and make dinner and get the house ready for everyone to get home. We have dinner together if possible, do homework, watch tv, clean up dinner mess, go to bed.
HumanBeing
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Kids are ages 5 yrs and 6 yrs old. My 9 tr old lives with my ex so he's not here during weekdays in the school year.

Wake up at 630 am and find the energy to climb out if bed.
Get kids ready, give them breakfast, make beds and do breakfast dishes.

740 am : take kids and neighbor kid to school. Then stand around and chat with my friends until around 9 am.

Sometime after 9 I get back home, eat breakfast. Then I may or may not do some laundry and every day cleaning.

Then I can do whatever for awhile.

2pm leave to go get kids.
230 give kids snack, do homework and then take them to extra curriculars if any.

Make dinner around 5 and then we hang out and do random stuff until 730 when dh gives them a bath and we read them a bedtime story.

After 8 I spend time with dh usually unless his schedule is wonky. I may so some more cleaning if necessary and then watch tv. I go to bed at like 11.
Kmary
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I have a 5 year old, a 3  year old and a 3 month old.  My oldest is in Kindergarten this year and the 3 year old goes to preschool two mornings a week, so our days sort of vary depending on whether it's a school day for the 3 year old or not.  But basically I try to get out with the kid(s) in the morning...park, library, general errands, etc. and clean in the afternoons (I have a cleaning schedule that I made for myself and generally am pretty good about sticking to it).  Laundry is kind of all day every day.  I start dinner shortly before dh gets home or once he's home so he can watch the kiddos.  Eat together, family time, bedtime routine, repeat the next day.  I used to try to do a ton of housework on the weekends when dh is home with us, but I started feeling like every day was the same and that I had no break, so I stopped doing that.  I only do totally necessary housework on weekends so that it still "feels" like a weekend, know what I mean?  This is working out much better for me mentally.  I love LOVE being a SAHM, but it took some getting used to initially.  It's definitely the best thing for our family, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)