Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
For all the stay at home mothers, what does a typical day look like for you and your little one(s)? Age(s)?
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I homeschool my kids so we spend time doing homeschool or on fun field trips

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM
School day, up at 6 with dd 8yrs and get her ready for school and out the door to bus. 730 wake my pre-k up for breakfast, and normaly my 1 yr wakes with him. We leave at 820 to take hin to school. I will then either do errands, go run with ds2 or cone back hone and work on school work. Then at 1145 i pick ds1 back up and we go home for lunch. Sone days i meet up with friends at chick fil a and he plays while we talk. Then naps after lunch. I either do more school work or try and catch up on house work. Then on tues and thirs i pick dd up at 345 from school and come home to cook early supper. The. We go to cheer practice for her and football for ds1. The rest of the week we eat at 6. She does homework while supper cooks. Baths at 7, then bed time snacks then bed at 8. Weekends is family time (park, family walks)
Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Well, my 13 month old usually nurses early in the morning (around 5) and goes back to sleep so I try to also. My oldest (almost 6) gets up between 6:30-6:45am. We have breakfast and I get my oldest ready for school. Her kindergarten doesn't start till 8:45am so we have time to relax a bit. At 8:25 or so either my dh or I take her to school. After that we relax for a little while then start cleaning/errands. Then the baby has a nap after lunch usually (sometimes earlier if she didn't sleep well the night before). After naptime we finish any laundry/cleaning before picking the oldest up from school around 3:45. After we get back homework is done, supper, playtime, bathtime, snack, bed.
littlebugs2113
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:28 PM
im a sahm, my oldest is 2 and my youngest is 6 months. here's our typical days:
oldest wakes about 7am and i get up with him, give him some milk, and we play and kinda watch babyfirst for about 45 minutes or so, til youngest wakes. i get him up and change everybodys diapers and clothes. breakfast for both, then they play on the floor or oldest plays in his room, or back and forth, while i do dishes, make bottles, start laundry etc etc, until about 11am.

then a small snack for oldest. after that oldest will color or finger-paint for about an hour while youngest works on his 'baby skills' ie tummy time, sitting up etc. around 12:15 i get oldest lunch ready and set it aside while i feed and give youngest a bottle. then he's off to bed for the long nap of the day. lunch for oldest then he naps also.

at this point i sit and try to relax, as it's the only me time i get. read a book, watch tv, eat lunch etc. both boys usually wake at about 3pm and oldest has a small snack. we play with blocks, more baby skills, sometimes oldest 'helps' me empty the dishwasher and start dinner.

4pm is food for the baby and 4:30 a bottle. dinner for oldest and myself/dh if he's home is at around 5pm. bbaby takes a short nap at 6pm. by which time i'm usually pretty much out of energy lol!

evenings are pretty low key here. once baby wakes up around 6:30, if it's nice enuf weather out we go outside and play for about an hour, if not, we'll watch a movie and play on the floor - yes, we watch a movie, i know i'm a terrible mother lol :p - once 8:30 rolls around its bath time then bed for both boys. i watch a little tv, or read a little, and am in bed by 11 most nights.

that's a typical day. exciting isn't it?! ha!
usually about twice a week we go 'into town' - we live in a very small mountain town, so 'into town' means a 30 minute drive to a nearby town - for groceries and have lunch or dinner, or to see family or whatever. except in winter, we can get snowed in for literally weeks at a time, and it is not fun. talk about cabin fever!
littlebugs2113
im a sahm, my oldest is 2 and my youngest is 6 months. here's our typical days:
oldest wakes about 7am and i get up with him, give him some milk, and we play and kinda watch babyfirst for about 45 minutes or so, til youngest wakes. i get him up and change everybodys diapers and clothes. breakfast for both, then they play on the floor or oldest plays in his room, or back and forth, while i do dishes, make bottles, start laundry etc etc, until about 11am.

then a small snack for oldest. after that oldest will color or finger-paint for about an hour while youngest works on his 'baby skills' ie tummy time, sitting up etc. around 12:15 i get oldest lunch ready and set it aside while i feed and give youngest a bottle. then he's off to bed for the long nap of the day. lunch for oldest then he naps also.

at this point i sit and try to relax, as it's the only me time i get. read a book, watch tv, eat lunch etc. both boys usually wake at about 3pm and oldest has a small snack. we play with blocks, more baby skills, sometimes oldest 'helps' me empty the dishwasher and start dinner.

4pm is food for the baby and 4:30 a bottle. dinner for oldest and myself/dh if he's home is at around 5pm. bbaby takes a short nap at 6pm. by which time i'm usually pretty much out of energy lol!

evenings are pretty low key here. once baby wakes up around 6:30, if it's nice enuf weather out we go outside and play for about an hour, if not, we'll watch a movie and play on the floor - yes, we watch a movie, i know i'm a terrible mother lol :p - once 8:30 rolls around its bath time then bed for both boys. i watch a little tv, or read a little, and am in bed by 11 most nights.

that's a typical day. exciting isn't it?! ha!
usually about twice a week we go 'into town' - we live in a very small mountain town, so 'into town' means a 30 minute drive to a nearby town - for groceries and have lunch or dinner, or to see family or whatever. except in winter, we can get snowed in for literally weeks at a time, and it is not fun. talk about cabin fever!
littlebugs2113
idk why that posted twice, sorry bout that
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:29 AM
I have a 3 year old. We get around 6 am to get ready to take my husband to work. After dropping him off, on Tuesday/Thursday, I take my son to school. While he is at school, I go to the gym, then go home for lunch and relaxation. At 2 pm, I pick my son up from school. We will go to the mall(so he can play) or library. We pick up my husband from work around 5 pm. We have dinner when we get home. My son will play outside or help my husband out with yard work. We get him ready for bed around 8 pm
Bleacher-mom
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:41 AM

We all get up

DH and DS (9) go to gym around 8-9

(Soon DD (6) and I will start our own program at home)

When boys get home, DS does morning chores (DD has already done hers and I have started laundry at least)

We have family time

Around 11:30, start making lunch

Once we are done eating and DH is getting ready for work, kids and I clean kitchen

2pm, when DH leaves for work, we start school work unless we have co-op classes

Around 6, we are done with school work, usually

Have supper, play out side, do any extra lessons, like music, flash cards, etc unless we have football.

Around 8, evening chores

Get kids ready for bed

Try to have them in bed by 9, unless we stay out to locate constellations or if there is meteor shower.

After they are in bed, I either continue cleaning or get on computer until DH gets home from work

Freckles4u
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:09 AM
My son is 21 months. We wake up around 7am. He eats while I eat and shower. Then we have some play time working on using words and learning things. Then we typically go on a play date and eat lunch. Then he comes home and naps while I have down time and clean. When he wakes up he eats. Then he helps me finish cleaning as I save things he can do for the end. Then we go outside and play. Come inside and eat. And then daddy comes home and we go to the gym where there is a daycare with an indoor playground. We go home and he eats a small snack while I cook if dinner is going to take a while and then we have dinner. Then we do a bath, a book, sing some lullabies, and he goes to bed. Then I have down time!
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:21 AM
5 a.m. make coffee, breakfast for dh and pack his lunch. Wake him up at 5:30, lay out his.clothes and see him off at 5:50.

5:50-6 tidy up breakfast and pull out meat from freezer/plan lunch and supper.

6:00-6:30 kids are still asleep so I read or get on the internet.

6:30 fix kids breakfast while they walk the dog.

6:35 kids and I eat breakfast, we tidy up together, brushes teeth get dressed, comb hair.

7- 8 they play, inside or outside whatever they want, its their free time, I read, plan the day, talk to my mom or mil... etc etc.

8 we start school, this lasts till 12, we take breaks as needed.

12- 2 they finish up any lessons they have while I fix lunch.

2 dh come home for lunch, we eat.

2:30 kids and I clean up, dh gets showered for second job, leaves at 2:50.

2:30-3:30 we chill, we play, nap, go swimming .... etc

3:30-4, we draw chores from a hat (we live in a camper so its not a huge house:-) and we each tackle our chores.

4-5 free time

5 I start supper

6 we eat

6:30 supper clean up

6:45 showers

7:00 bedtime, they may watch TV, read or play quietly as long as they stay in their bed and are not disturbing the other.

8:00 lights out, toys and books up.

8-12, I read, play games, snooze, plan the week, research for studies etc etc

12 dh comes home and we go to bed.

DS is going to be 8 November 8th
DD will be 6 on Thursday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)