Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

kids seeing ghosts?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 47 Replies
Has anybody had experience with a child saying they see a ghost? I babysit a three yr old who talks to a ghost named michael. It goes everywhrre with us. But its never close to us. Always "way over there" or in a corner. Hes not scared of it. Jw about other peoples experience.
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyDearest__
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM
My daughter hasn't and I pray to God it doesn't happen!! The other day she was actin like she had an imaginary friend, sat her on the bed and that was the end.
twicethemomjess
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I ask him if its a friend and he says "no. Ghost Michael" idk lol

Quoting MommyDearest__:

My daughter hasn't and I pray to God it doesn't happen!! The other day she was actin like she had an imaginary friend, sat her on the bed and that was the end.
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I saw ghosts as a kid.
iwanta3rdbaby
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I also saw ghost but didnt know they were ghost :/
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM
we went to six flags when ds was three and we came home with two extra "kids". Bob and alex. Bob and Alex were with us four yrs and they seemed to be a little different from your typical imaginary friends but who knows. dd used to see a figure she called the white girl in a hallway frequently.
CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM

My son hasn't said he see's ghosts, but he says there is a monster in his room. I thought we squashed that when I "figured out" his monster was the Jack Skelington poster I've had in that room since before he was born. After I removed it and put it in my room, not another word about a monster was spoken about until last night. Needless to say, he slept in my room all night.

Scary story for you that actually happened to me. A little back story, I live in my grandparent's house, I had an uncle that lived with my grandparents caring for them. He fell ill with cancer and passed away 3 months after finding out he had caner. My room (now my son's room) was my uncle's room. My son was born in February, so it's still freezing where I'm at. I had the bedroom door open to let the heat from our gas heater come in to keep him warm. I had just gotten him down to sleep, and I was falling asleep. It got icy cold in my room and not one light was on in the house. I figured the heat went out (once the house reaches a certain temperature the heat goes out and comes back on when it gets cooler. No big deal. I checked on my son in the bassinet beside my bed and I saw this figure of a man standing in the doorway of the room. I grabbed my son and put him in the bed with me. It was a quick glance and gone. Scared the shit out of me! The next morning over breakfast, I asked my mom if she had been in my room. She said no, that she was asleep all night. My grandmother was bedridden, so it wasn't her (it didn't even look like her, but looked more like my mom). I described what I saw, she said it sounded like her brother when he was in his 30's. He died when he was 54. Sometimes I can hear footsteps at night going over the old gas heater in the hallway floor. A couple weeks of me settling into the house and making it mine, there was a shelf in the living room that had been there from when my grandparent's bought it. All the trinkets they had on it went to family upon my grandmother's passing. So, I had it decorated with my stuff - photo albums and unicorns I had a teenager. Nothing was ever touched or moved after putting it up there. Been untouched for two weeks, then every night around the same time my grandmother passed away, the photo album of my son's first year kept falling off. People think I'm crazy to believe in ghosts, but I have no other explanation as to what goes on in this house. There was a crazy beeping noise after my grandfather passed that lasted for a good 6 months. I thought it was the smoke detectors, but mom disconnected them because they needed to be replaced. That theory was out the window. I dunno. It's creepy. This house was built in 1947 and my grandparents bought it in 1985. My uncle passed in December 2007, grandfather passed in June 2008 and grandmother passed October last year. With each of their passings, crazy things go on. I moved in in 2009.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM

my daughter has and there is one in her closet. she refuses to sleep in her room

twicethemomjess
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Aw. You're not crazy lol. Cool story though

Quoting CrystalYaris:

My son hasn't said he see's ghosts, but he says there is a monster in his room. I thought we squashed that when I "figured out" his monster was the Jack Skelington poster I've had in that room since before he was born. After I removed it and put it in my room, not another word about a monster was spoken about until last night. Needless to say, he slept in my room all night.

Scary story for you that actually happened to me. A little back story, I live in my grandparent's house, I had an uncle that lived with my grandparents caring for them. He fell ill with cancer and passed away 3 months after finding out he had caner. My room (now my son's room) was my uncle's room. My son was born in February, so it's still freezing where I'm at. I had the bedroom door open to let the heat from our gas heater come in to keep him warm. I had just gotten him down to sleep, and I was falling asleep. It got icy cold in my room and not one light was on in the house. I figured the heat went out (once the house reaches a certain temperature the heat goes out and comes back on when it gets cooler. No big deal. I checked on my son in the bassinet beside my bed and I saw this figure of a man standing in the doorway of the room. I grabbed my son and put him in the bed with me. It was a quick glance and gone. Scared the shit out of me! The next morning over breakfast, I asked my mom if she had been in my room. She said no, that she was asleep all night. My grandmother was bedridden, so it wasn't her (it didn't even look like her, but looked more like my mom). I described what I saw, she said it sounded like her brother when he was in his 30's. He died when he was 54. Sometimes I can hear footsteps at night going over the old gas heater in the hallway floor. A couple weeks of me settling into the house and making it mine, there was a shelf in the living room that had been there from when my grandparent's bought it. All the trinkets they had on it went to family upon my grandmother's passing. So, I had it decorated with my stuff - photo albums and unicorns I had a teenager. Nothing was ever touched or moved after putting it up there. Been untouched for two weeks, then every night around the same time my grandmother passed away, the photo album of my son's first year kept falling off. People think I'm crazy to believe in ghosts, but I have no other explanation as to what goes on in this house. There was a crazy beeping noise after my grandfather passed that lasted for a good 6 months. I thought it was the smoke detectors, but mom disconnected them because they needed to be replaced. That theory was out the window. I dunno. It's creepy. This house was built in 1947 and my grandparents bought it in 1985. My uncle passed in December 2007, grandfather passed in June 2008 and grandmother passed October last year. With each of their passings, crazy things go on. I moved in in 2009.

twicethemomjess
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Aw. How old?

Quoting silverdawn99:

my daughter has and there is one in her closet. she refuses to sleep in her room

twicethemomjess
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
How did your family handle that or did they know

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I saw ghosts as a kid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN