Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Opinion about marrying bf while in jail

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 29 Replies
Okay so ladies I need some opinions. Me and my bf has been together 2 years. A little bumpy two years, but we love each other and manage to pull through. He has been in jail now for a month and has that question if I'm going to wait on him. Now I have been through the situation waiting on a guy when I was younger and it did not work out in the end. After two years of waiting. So now I'm iffy if waiting for him is in my best interest. So anyway I told my boyfriend that I would wait for him if he plan on marrying me. Ladies please tell me was I wrong to state that? Am I wrong to feel.this way? Should I not push marriage?
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this

What is he in jail for? How long does  he have to stay in jail, are your kids his, but to answer your question No you should not push marriage. One who knows he may be saying anything to get you to wait and two you should never push someone into something they aren't ready to do. If I were you I would stay away from this guy and take care of your children especially if he isn't the father. If he isn't the father my advice is run.

momofcdzte5
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Agreed, honey please please please our more value on yourself as a Mom,women and daughter of God (yes, I just went religious). Hopefully you will see and feel that your loved and can and deserve sooo much better

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

What is he in jail for? How long does  he have to stay in jail, are your kids his, but to answer your question No you should not push marriage. One who knows he may be saying anything to get you to wait and two you should never push someone into something they aren't ready to do. If I were you I would stay away from this guy and take care of your children especially if he isn't the father. If he isn't the father my advice is run.

Coley24
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM
He isn't the father of my son. We don't know how long he has now, he could be looking at 2-5 years. I felt the same way about not pushing it ya know. I figure if he never mentioned it then he's obviously not ready. I just know myself, and if I don't have that commitment I will not play the fool twice and wait on a man. Thanks for the advice

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

MamaMerkle126
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM
5 moms liked this

lol... a) fuck no, you should not wait for him, ESPECIALLY if he doesn't plan on spending the rest of his life with you, and b) why in the hell are you with some dumbass loser that lands himself in prison, anyway? RED FLAG, right there. I'd say split and don't give him a chance to answer. If you have kids, which you obviously do or you don't belong on cafeMOM, you need to think about what's best for them before yourself, end of story.

The point is, you and your child(ren) need a man in your lives that is stable, supportive and responsible. Obviously this douche is not. I don't care what you say about him. Your ONLY sane, logical choice is to get rid of his trifling ass. Don't be stupid... OR selfish. Think of your kid.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I wouldn't marry no one in jail.  That's just me.  If he's going to be gone 2-5yrs. He must of done something fairly bad.

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM

He's not your kid's dad. Do not wait for him. Jail time is a deal breaker.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I'd say good-bye and go about your life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMerkle126
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM

"Play the fool twice"?? The first time meaning you decided to continue with a guy that got SENTENCED TO PRISON, right?

Quoting Coley24:

He isn't the father of my son. We don't know how long he has now, he could be looking at 2-5 years. I felt the same way about not pushing it ya know. I figure if he never mentioned it then he's obviously not ready. I just know myself, and if I don't have that commitment I will not play the fool twice and wait on a man. Thanks for the advice

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

mommyziegler
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Carry on with your life!
SexyDiva19
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope don't do it. Been there done that, got played hard. Definitely learned my lesson. Don't waste another day on him because if he loved you SO much he would have kept his butt home with you and not doing whatever he did to get locked up.

Also, for you to push about marriage means that after 2 years of being with you he hadn't thought about it 1st or at least bought it up. Why spend the next 2-5 years of your life on a guy who may or may not marry you?

Sure he can SAY he will but he can also talk that talk and has soon as he is home, your home isn't where he goes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)