Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat! 9/16

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 222 Replies
2 moms liked this

Let's Chat!

What are you up to today?  What's on your mind?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!  

have a nice day  

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I waiting for a nurse to call me back because my 4yr ild has red bumps in the back of his throat, a sore throat. And this morning woke up with a fever. He has had this all weekend long, but first time with a fever.
mouse1085
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:14 AM
6 moms liked this

I've been thinking about how God has blessed my family, through a series of events, my daughter's company will be closing this friday, which is going to allow her to stay at home with her daughter, and allow me to continue doing childcare for a family I had promised to save a spot for in my childcare business!! Praise God!!

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
How is your dd loosing her job a blessing?

Quoting mouse1085:

I've been thinking about how God has blessed my family, through a series of events, my daughter's company will be closing this friday, which is going to allow her to stay at home with her daughter, and allow me to continue doing childcare for a family I had promised to save a spot for in my childcare business!! Praise God!!

mouse1085
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

It's a blessing since I was doing daycare for her and I have my nephew who is 3 months old and my grandaughter is 4 months old (it was taking a toll to say the least) and now I will be able to care for a friends baby and my daughter can work as my assistant which allows her to continue breastfeeding and spending the day with her daughter.  I can understand how losing a job may not be a blessing for some, but for our family it couldn't come at a better time.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I'm just hoping to survive this week better than last week. It was... rough... to say the least, but hopefully this one will be better. What am I thinking about? How great this weekends' football games were! It seemed like every one we watched was a close, nail-biting game, but resulted in wins for the teams we follow.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Oh no! Hope it's not strep. Does he still have his tonsils?

Quoting sahmw2010:

I waiting for a nurse to call me back because my 4yr ild has red bumps in the back of his throat, a sore throat. And this morning woke up with a fever. He has had this all weekend long, but first time with a fever.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I can understand that. It sounds like you two have a good setup and I hope you'll continue to be blessed. How many kids do you keep?

Quoting mouse1085:

It's a blessing since I was doing daycare for her and I have my nephew who is 3 months old and my grandaughter is 4 months old (it was taking a toll to say the least) and now I will be able to care for a friends baby and my daughter can work as my assistant which allows her to continue breastfeeding and spending the day with her daughter.  I can understand how losing a job may not be a blessing for some, but for our family it couldn't come at a better time.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM

yes he does. the doctor office called me back. I have tro take him in at 1 for labs and the appointment is at 130. they are hoping to have the lab results by then since its all done in the same place

Quoting bamababe1975:

Quoting sahmw2010:

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I see. sorry, I wasnt trying to be rude, I just couldnt see how loosing her job was a blessing when she has little ones. I am glad things are working out for your family though

Quoting mouse1085:

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Hopefully they'll get the results back quickly for you then so he'll be feeling better soon!

Do you have other children?

Quoting sahmw2010:

yes he does. the doctor office called me back. I have tro take him in at 1 for labs and the appointment is at 130. they are hoping to have the lab results by then since its all done in the same place

Quoting bamababe1975:

Quoting sahmw2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)