Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you want him fired?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM
  • 15 Replies
The coach for the Minnesota gophers has epilepsy. He has had a few seizures during games. He is great at his job and well liked.
A sports writer said he should not represent Minnesota and scares fans on the sidelines. Would you or your kids be scared and stop being fans?
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyG10
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM
no I would want him to get help and see a doctor
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM
No, he cannot help his condition. How ignorant someone would think that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM

No, I would explain he has a disability/illness he has no control over.  He should not be fired.  That would be not only discrimination, it would be wrong. Kids can understand that while it looks scary, it is not contagious or something to be afraid of. 

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM

That wouldn't bother me. He should be able to continue coaching.

EndlessMom
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM

My mother is epileptic so no I would not want him fired. I would want him to find better ways of handling his condition though. It took my mom a long time to do this. You have to learn your triggers and know your limits.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:42 PM
My question would be is he on meds and does he take them as he's supposed to? If he is and he takes them regularly but still has seizures, I would be OK but would want trained personnel close by for his safety. If he doesn't follow doctor's orders, then I might have an issue with and question his judgement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:43 PM
As far as i know he does his best to stay healthy. His name is coach Jerry kill and I'm sure he could be googled.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

My question would be is he on meds and does he take them as he's supposed to? If he is and he takes them regularly but still has seizures, I would be OK but would want trained personnel close by for his safety. If he doesn't follow doctor's orders, then I might have an issue with and question his judgement.
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Nope he shouldn't be fired & he wouldn't scare me.

I find it sad that people behave like this.

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Just out of curiousity what makes you think he isn't getting help & seeing a Dr?

My friend has epilepsy, not always easy to deal with.  Some days are better than others, she is able to have a job now but there are still days where she may have a seizure.

Quoting EmilyG10:

EmilyG10
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:05 PM

maybe he should change to another medication is all

Quoting CABZS:

Just out of curiousity what makes you think he isn't getting help & seeing a Dr?

My friend has epilepsy, not always easy to deal with.  Some days are better than others, she is able to have a job now but there are still days where she may have a seizure.

Quoting EmilyG10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN