Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

child still slpn wit me

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM
  • 19 Replies
Yes I have a 1yr old an he has been slpn wit me since day one. Im tryin to get him in his own bed. Any advice:)
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
avonleafan
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Mine never slept with me, unless I fell asleep nursing. But DD2 has started the habit of getting up in the middle of the night to try to sneak in our bed. I just get up, lay her back down, maybe sit with her for a minute. Feed, bathe and rock him, then lay him down. If he cries, go check on him in five minute intervals. He needs the security of knowing you are nearby, while having the confidence to go to sleep on his own.
da_nica
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Letting my.first kid sleep with me since day one was the biggest mistake. It took forever to get him to sleep on his own bed. He did good for a while and when me and his dad separated he came right back to sleeping with me on my bed.
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:44 AM

My daughter still sleeps with us off and on but we've learned to adapt to it.

Where does your son sleep for nap time? Usually that is the best way to start getting them to sleep alone. Put him to bed in his own bed and then go from there. Good luck.

Teeter-Totter
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I'd just wait until your baby's ready. We only just switched DS (3) and DD (2) to their new room a few weeks ago, but there wasn't any fuss or fight at all. :)
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Still sleeping with you. 

Just put him in a crib and let him cry it out.

seaturtle1
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I feel sorry for this mom. She is not getting any reponses to her question just being put down for her grammer. Some people need to grow up. Just answer her question if you do not like her grammer move on to another post.
seaturtle1
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
What you can do is make him a toddler bed in your room have him sleep there for a few nights. Then slowly move the bed to his room. Also read him a story or lay by his new bed and pat his back till he is asleep. If he wakes crying in the night do not move him to your bed. just go in pat his back and then go back to bed. Good luck my son still sleeps with me and he is almost 4. He can sleep on his own once I pat him to sleep, but our house is over 95 degrees with no AC so we sleep in tha basment right now.
susannah2000
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Sadly, too many parents learn the hard way that it is alot easier to do something one way from the beginning, than to try to change it down the road. There aren't alot of options here, either he continues to sleep with you, or you start putting him in his crib while he cries night after night . He will learn, if you let him learn, but it's not going to be easy. Do let him know that you are there for him, but that he needs to stay in his bed.  IMO it's not the best thing to have the baby in the bed. I don't think it is safe for the baby and parents need their sleep too, and then there is the issue of getting the child out of the bed, at whatever point that is.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Unfortanetly my 6 yr old ds still sleeps with us from time to time. We have noticed its on nights he falls asleep on the couch. He will wake up and come get in our bed. We are breaking him of this habit by making him go to bed in his bed. No more sleep outs on the couch lol
BekahBrownEyes
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM
My son slept in bed with me from day one as well. He did sleep in his own bed for a long while, until recently when I kicked BF out. Since then, hes been sleeping with me when he's here ( his daddy and I share custody) . I decided that I'll enjoy this time while it lasts, soon enough he will get older and won't want to spend time with me at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)