Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 12 year old found

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 12 Replies

a ring (at school) with a red stone in it.It says United States Army....and it most definitely belongs to a man. We don't know how to figure out who it belongs to. Bri said the teacher was trying to shush him while he was telling her about it (explains why it is at my house).

It looks like it may have a name engraved on the inside,but the lettering is really small.It even looks like it may be real.....I will call the school and tell them about it.But,I'm hoping it doesn't just end up sitting in a lost and found box.If it is engraved somebody must be missing it,kwim?

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Take it back to the school and give it to the principal.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you have an VA nearby? or a VFW?   They may be able to trace it.   Or you can contact the news about finding someones military ring.

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

post a pic of it at the school near the office and where your kid found it.  also let the ids teacher knows in case a parent comes lookign for it.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

It's going back to the school.....I just didn't want it to end up sitting somewhere where the owner couldn't find it. (Box,drawer...etc)

Quoting MommySwiggles:

Take it back to the school and give it to the principal.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Good idea.Thanks,momma.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Do you have an VA nearby? or a VFW?   They may be able to trace it.   Or you can contact the news about finding someones military ring.

susannah2000
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:57 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't take it back to the school first. I would first take it to a jeweler's, who could see what is written in it, and then if you get a name, you can give the ring and info to the principal. Otherwise the principal would have no way of knowing who it would belong to, and it would probably gt stuck somewhere, if not stolen. Take the extra step to find the owner.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Yup.This is the reason I didn't just want to take it back.Great idea....I will probably do that.Thanks.

Quoting susannah2000:

I wouldn't take it back to the school first. I would first take it to a jeweler's, who could see what is written in it, and then if you get a name, you can give the ring and info to the principal. Otherwise the principal would have no way of knowing who it would belong to, and it would probably gt stuck somewhere, if not stolen. Take the extra step to find the owner.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM

BUMP!

happymomma13
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Noooo. Don't take it back to the school yet. Do what other posters mentioned.
Schools suck with that stuff.
EndlessMom
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

You can call your local police station as well. I know ours would help out with that. They are better when it is something valuable. Plus you can tell the school it is with the police and they can direct anyone who asks to go there to find it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)