Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you let your kids stay home from school if....

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 133 Replies

So today my kids wanted to stay home from so just because we woke up late.

I am normally up bettween 6 and 6:30 every morning Monday thru Friday even though the DH and kids don't need to get up until 7 so I have time to wake up and get lunches packed and breakfest ready before the morning rush. Well today that didn't happen thanks to my wounderful alarm clock not going off. It was 7:47 and the bus was out front when we woke up. DH needs to be at work at 8 and school startes at 8:20. Luckly Dh didn't have to be at work until 10 today. My kids were begging to stay home just because we over slept. Needless to say their at school and was on time.  Would you let your kids stay home for that reason or send them to school anyways. Me I don't think they should get to stay home for that reason when there is nothing at all wronge with them.

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkfairy0206
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this
No,that's not a reason. They have tried that,didn't fly though lol
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM
6 moms liked this

No.  My kids have to have a fever or spewing body fluids before they can stay home.  I dont care if they have a headache or a cold.  They can sill go to school.

jaycam
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Same here if you dont have a fevver or you not throwing up your going to school and the only way they can stay home with a cold if it's bad enough that I know they really don't feel good. Meaning not eating or drink and all they want to do is sleep thats it.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

No.  My kids have to have a fever or spewing body fluids before they can stay home.  I dont care if they have a headache or a cold.  They can sill go to school.

jaycam
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM

lol mine try too. Sometimes it just gets funny. My ds tried getting me to keep him home because he's knee hurt one day but it was fine enough to be running around playing. He will try anything to stay home lol

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

nope. they still need to go to school.

susannah2000
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I'm sure they did want to, but good for you that you didn't let that fly. That is no valid reason to miss school. They need to value school, and part of that is showing up, unless there is a very good reason not to. You're being a good parent by reinforcing that. I know kids don't realize how lucky they are to have free education not only provided to them but required to be provided to them, but  when so many kids in poverty stricken countries only dream of being able to go to school, IF there was one near them, and IF they could afford, since they have to pay for it,  it bugs at times.

pinkfairy0206
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM
My 2nd daughter,she's 7 is becoming a master at the reasons she needs to stay home. Lol. She reminds me so much of darlene from Roseanne,lol

Quoting jaycam:

lol mine try too. Sometimes it just gets funny. My ds tried getting me to keep him home because he's knee hurt one day but it was fine enough to be running around playing. He will try anything to stay home lol

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaycam
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM

My dd like school but my ds doesn't. He has been picked on by the class bully alot. I don't think thats a good enough reason though and they do need to go to school and just because we woke up late doesn't mean they get a day off. I feel bad that my ds has been picked on and I have been talking with the school and his teacher and it's getting better for him. He had me lmao on Friday though because he asked if he could soon the cub scouts when we asked why he said because school sucked and theirs alot of mean kids. He though that kids in cub scouts didn't have to go to school. He didn't see me laughing and the only reason I did was because it shocked me. I was not thinking that he would say that. Needless to say he wasn't happy when I told him that kids in cub scouts still have to go to school.

Quoting susannah2000:

I'm sure they did want to, but good for you that you didn't let that fly. That is no valid reason to miss school. They need to value school, and part of that is showing up, unless there is a very good reason not to. You're being a good parent by reinforcing that. I know kids don't realize how lucky they are to have free education not only provided to them but required to be provided to them, but  when so many kids in poverty stricken countries only dream of being able to go to school, IF there was one near them, and IF they could afford, since they have to pay for it,  it bugs at times.

jaycam
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM

lol

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

My 2nd daughter,she's 7 is becoming a master at the reasons she needs to stay home. Lol. She reminds me so much of darlene from Roseanne,lol

Quoting jaycam:

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)