Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sleep help!

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 3 Replies
My 2 year old still cries at bed and Naptime if we don't sit in the room with her while she falls asleep! We have been consistently doing the same routine for a little over a month now. The first week went as to be expected. 1-3 nights of her screaming for about 30 min. Then towards the end of the week we had gotten it down to just a few min and she would lay down and go to sleep. We went out of town for a weekend and since then she has started the screaming for a while. I don't know what else to do. As much as I would love to sit with her, we need that mommy daddy time! I wish someone had told me to start this way earlier then now but I didn't know. Any advice? She isn't the type to have anything that comforts her like a pacie or stuffed toy. She has a night light and lullaby music playing with the projector on the wall. I don't know what else to do! Hearing her scream "mommy, daddy" for 20-30 mins breaks my heart!!
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM
She's probably reaching some developmental milestones, and that can be pretty unsettling for a child that age. You won't be giving in to her but meeting her needs at this moment. Mine were still nursing to sleep at that age, but grew out of it as they matured.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Do you have a set routine?  What is it exactly?  Does she want to be picked up when upset or can you just rub her back.   I personally would not let her scream for that long.  Every five minutes go in, tell her it is time for sleep.

Tdigsoreos
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Awww it's hard I know. I wouldn't wait that long but start with a small increment of going in. First like five minutes. Next time extend it to seven. Make sure to say "it's time for sleep".  It's hard but keep in mind you're setting a good foundation for future sleep. Your child needs that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN