Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you think military ,medics(correction on the medic thing)

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 25 Replies
Do you think military personal should be considered pro athletes with out the pro athlete pay? As a matter of fact what about police officers,medics and firefighters?

These jobs require you to be physically fit. So to be able to do some crazy tasks on demand.
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
These people are the ones that can endure tons of situations an average person could not imagine. I have met some hard core ppl and think wtf would a football player do in a crazy situation?

Then again there are woman out there who can endure unimaginable situations.
SusanD
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
What?
MusherMaggie
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Never thought about it, but it does make a certain amount of sense. Of course, I think pro athletes are way over paid, but military/firefighters/law enforcement personnel should certainly be paid more.
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
No. Pro athletes are a genetic rarity. Military are just well trained. Most military guys started out pretty mediocre until very good training. It would be much easier to become a military guy than a pro athlete.
imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Ok. I am sitting here thinking about all the training these ppl do. And what pro athletes do. Trying to bring a subject to the table here to get my mind off of the stress I am dealing with.

Quoting SusanD:

What?
outtamymynd
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM
No, I don't think on the pro level.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanD
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM
But there is a major difference between military service members (some of which are significantly overweight and not athletic) and professional athletes. Why would they be considered as such?

Quoting imandia4:

Ok. I am sitting here thinking about all the training these ppl do. And what pro athletes do. Trying to bring a subject to the table here to get my mind off of the stress I am dealing with.

Quoting SusanD:

What?
imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Oh no doubt! It is harder to become a pro athlete than it is to do military and firefighting and police officering. Like you said pro athletes are a genetic rarity. But the average person becoming soldiers and such have perform like a pro athlete. They train to do crazy things. Adrenaline is crazy. too.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

No. Pro athletes are a genetic rarity. Military are just well trained. Most military guys started out pretty mediocre until very good training. It would be much easier to become a military guy than a pro athlete.
masonmomma
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Emt's? Why are they never included on these lists?
imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Lmfao! I was laughing at the over weight thing.(I know some of them)But even the fat ones do crazy shit that you would expect a pro athlete to do.

Quoting SusanD:

But there is a major difference between military service members (some of which are significantly overweight and not athletic) and professional athletes. Why would they be considered as such?

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting SusanD:

What?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)