Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Crock Pot Help!

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 31 Replies
I want to cook beef cubes, potatoes and baby carrots in the crock pot. I was gonna mix a bottle of zesty Italian dressing and a packet of brown gravy mix and pour it all over. But how long should I cook it for?
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemom0710
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM

BUMP!

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM

It can be cooked the shortest time which is usually 3-4 hours or you can do the 6 hours.

I usually always cook 6 hours for everything, myself. But it does not really matter.

Although I dont think gravy and zesty italian would taste that good IMO. lol

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM
6hrs on low? What would you do? Just the italian dressing?

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

It can be cooked the shortest time which is usually 3-4 hours or you can do the 6 hours.

I usually always cook 6 hours for everything, myself. But it does not really matter.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Oh yes on low........I wouldnt use italian dressing at all, thats just me though. If it was chicken I would.

I would make it more stew like if it were me. The gravy mix and some beef broth (if you have it) add in some celery and onions (if you have it) some garlic and some seasonings, oregano and salt and pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. 

And serve over rice.......thats just me thought. lol I just dont think the dressing and gravy will mix well imo. lol But do what you like, lol

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM

One, gross on the dressing and gravy mix! lol

Second, I would cook something like that, where everything is chopped small, for about 4 hrs on med or 6 on low.

Third, just use a jar of beef gravy or just use water and add some seasoning and cornstarch after its cooked. (I would also egg noodles after its all done too!)

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM
It was a recipe I seen somewhere. I don't have anything else. Blah. :/

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Oh yes on low........I wouldnt use italian dressing at all, thats just me though. If it was chicken I would.

I would make it more stew like if it were me. The gravy mix and some beef broth (if you have it) add in some celery and onions (if you have it) some garlic and some seasonings, oregano and salt and pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. 

And serve over rice.......thats just me thought. lol I just dont think the dressing and gravy will mix well imo. lol But do what you like, lol

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

RADmomma
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I would do Italian & a little tomato sauce for an Italian flavor or gravy & cream if mushroom sauce.

Honestly I cook all day. I don't pay attention to hours. It it on low & let it cook a good 6 hours. High on 4...
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Yeah, it was a recipe I seen somewhere. I guess I won't try it lol. I don't have beef gravy or cornstarch.

Quoting momdoes:

One, gross on the dressing and gravy mix! lol

Second, I would cook something like that, where everything is chopped small, for about 4 hrs on med or 6 on low.

Third, just use a jar of beef gravy or just use water and add some seasoning and cornstarch after its cooked. (I would also egg noodles after its all done too!)

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM
How much tomato sauce?

Quoting RADmomma:

I would do Italian & a little tomato sauce for an Italian flavor or gravy & cream if mushroom sauce.

Honestly I cook all day. I don't pay attention to hours. It it on low & let it cook a good 6 hours. High on 4...
mamav2215
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM

i always brown my meat first. then I cook it on high for an hour and then low for the rest of the time (until we're going to eat dinner) if you put it in in the morning it'll be fine all day on low, if you put it in around noon and put it on high for an hour... it'll probably be ready by dinner time. if you put it in later in afternoon, cook it on high the entire time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)