Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm PISSED!!They won't let him eat! (Update in orange)

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • 154 Replies
2 moms liked this

They are basically punishing him over something he can't control.He is also NOT the one doing it!

The school has not given my son lunch in over a week! He has a lunch account like most kids do in school and,I know for a fact (went to the school yesterday) that there is $19.80 in it. Apparently,either another child got their lunch # mixed up with my son's (or something,I won't see principal until tomorrow) or the school gave 2 kids the same #.

This other child is on an earlier schedule for lunch.And because he/she is using Bri's account # by the time Bri's class goes to lunch the system is registering that Brian has already eaten and they won't let him go through the line again! (Against policy,they say!) OMG....they made my son sit through school for over a week without letting him have lunch!!!!

I just found out about this today and it was already too late to fix it.Brian said he didn't tell us because he thought his lunch lady would get in trouble and believe me SOMEBODY will explain what happened.The lunch lady knows my hubby and I by name,she knows which kids are mine---if there was a problem WHY didn't someone SAY something?!!!

I'm pissed!!!!

Sorry about not answering sooner....got called into work. Once I got to the school and asked to see the principal,the receptionist wanted to know why.So,I told her that they haven't allowed Brian to eat lunch in over a week claiming that "seconds" were not allowed.The receptionist ran into the office to get Mrs.M.

Mrs. M came to the cafeterria with us and listened as I explained what has been happening with Brian and his lunch account to the lunch lady (who at the beginning thought I was there to ask why the money we put into the account wasn't posted yet.) The lunch lady was very sorry for what happened but,could not explain it.We had Brian brought to us and Mrs. M told him that they had to find the other child using his account...but,today Brian should go to the office so Mrs.M could give him lunch money.

While at work I got a phone call from the school.Apparently,the little boy using Bri's account had NO money in his own account and had some how learned Brian's #. (They think maybe because he was behind him in line and heard...?) Anyway,the school has offered to put the money back....Afterwards Mrs.M also explained that this isn't the first time that this other little boy has done this.She also said that they are planning to start using fingerprints soon. 

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:41 AM

BUMP!

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:42 AM
3 moms liked this
oh that isn't cool at all. I would be pissed
lizzy_ellie
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM
5 moms liked this

That's bullshit. They should never deny a kid lunch.

DomsMama07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh hell no! I'd be pissed!
anoncalypse
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM
3 moms liked this
That's inexcusable!!!!
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.

Quoting lizzy_ellie:

That's bullshit. They should never deny a kid lunch.

sweetgrlangel
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:47 AM
2 moms liked this

our school doesn't have go by account numbers :) They scan the childs finger print, and charge it to the account with the matching finger print.  For the kindergarteners they go by class rooster and name and manually mark off the child.

kailu1835
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:49 AM
That happened a lot when I was in the 6th grade. Everyone's lunch card was on the wall in slots, and a lot of kids would purposefully pull someone else lunch card to use it. At my sons school, they have pass codes that only they know. They punch in their code when they get to the front. Its a little more secure.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I'm so mad that in a way I'm glad that I couldn't get ahold of anyone today.I doubt that I would have been very nice....and it was probably a mistake.

Quoting DomsMama07:

Oh hell no! I'd be pissed!

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Hopefully,the school finds a way to make their's more secure.I feel so bad,Brian has been starving after he gets off the bus....I just figured he was acting like a growing boy. frown mini

Quoting kailu1835:

That happened a lot when I was in the 6th grade. Everyone's lunch card was on the wall in slots, and a lot of kids would purposefully pull someone else lunch card to use it. At my sons school, they have pass codes that only they know. They punch in their code when they get to the front. Its a little more secure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)