Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Car seat question...For moms of more than one...No bashing others please

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 23 Replies

I am expecting my second child this November. I have an almost three year old DD who is in a FF car seat. She sits behind the passenger seat in the back seat. Here is my question...will an infant car seat/carrier fit in the middle of a 2010 Nissan Rogue? I know the middle is the safest place for a baby, but Idk if it'll fit. Did you have any issues with a car seat in your car? We recently got our Rogue as it is bigger than the jeep we had. I don't yet have a car seat for baby, as I am waiting for my baby shower to see if we get one, so I can't try it out unfortunately. 

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cLanief
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:31 AM
If you have a friend with a carseat ask to try it. My backseat couldn't do it which sucked but I couldn't fit the seats next to each other without them being on top of each othwr. But I also didn't have skinny carseats like they kinda make now.
Lilmunchkincare
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM
We used to have a Kia Spectra, it was great when we were a family of 3. Then my son was born and with the infant car seat and the FF car seat, it would work with the infant seat in the middle. We tried the side seat. That was doable for about a week. We then went out and purchased a van. I really miss my Kia especially the lower gas mileage! It might work for your car! The Babies r Us here allows parents to bring their car to the front of the store and try out a car seat. You could give yours a call and see if they do that. Good luck!
sahmw2010
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM
I had to have the car seats seperated. One passanger, one driver. With my poor dd in the middle since she isnt in a seat.
sahmw2010
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Btw, i drive a nissan ultima
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I only have two, but I had a car when my second was born (I have a van now) and it wouldn't fit. I ended up having to have one on each side so they would fit safely. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinBright
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Actually, your FF child should be in the middle if posible.  Your RF baby is inherently much safer than the FF child.  It is not THAT big of a deal though-- if you put them both outboard, they are still fine.  

Whether they will fit next to each other or not totally depends on the shape of the specific seats-- Babies R Us lets you take them to your car and try them out so you can see what fits best.  If you need to put them each by the door, that's fine-- as long as the seats are installed properly, they are safe.  Infant bucket seats take up much more space (front to back) than convertible seats, so you will likely have to move the front seat forward and un-recline the back in order to fit an infant seat behind it.  

tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Middle is best if it works. If it doesn't you use both sides. It doesn't make a very big difference anyway.
Oceana09
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I drive a 2001 Toyota Corolla. My DD was 4 when DS was born, and I ended up having to put him behind the drivers seat. I was going to try the middle but I only have 4 latches in my car (the safety latch system) and both manuals said NOT to hook two seats up to one hook. So I couldn't harness DD's booster seat AND still have his car seat harnessed in the middle.

1st_time_mom789
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you ladies. I am getting my car seat/travel system from Walmart but if I could find something close to it in babies r us, I will see if I can test it out in the car. I never knew we could do that. 

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Your ff 3 yr old is actually the one that should be in the middle because she is then one least protected, but ultimately it is where the seats fit the best and secure the best. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN