Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need a laptop, used off craigslist a good idea?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

What could be wrong with a computer if I buy used off craigslist. I know there are tricks people can do to make it work while you look at it but then it wont like a week later etc. does anyone know anything about this? I really need to be able to write NOT sitting in this dang computer chair. I need to be able to work out of the hose now and then and need a laptop.  any ideas? I thought maybe getting a used refurbished one with warranty from a copmputer shop here, but that is still a bit more then I want to spend. I mostly right now just need internet and office word. Eventually will have to be able to edit video's etc. might need a different one by then

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM

BUMP!

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I have bought tablets off craigslist, never had an issue, but idk about laptops. Do youknow anyone who has knowledge of cocomputers who could go with you to check it out?

I bought my laptop from Costco and got a pretty good deal, it was less than $400 and a really good laptop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I would try e-bay instead. DH sells our old laptops on e-bay and it's easier to return it if there is a problem. 

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I agree with Pnukey - look on eBay first because it's easier to return something there.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Bump
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM

E-bay! they at least have policies set into place for returns and if you are not happy with the product. 

Photo: -Randi.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I don't know about buying a computer or lap top from a private person.  What warranty do you have if the thing breaks. Now I've gotten stuff off of Newegg.com.  http://www.newegg.com/ hey have good prices. They stand behind what they sell.  We've never had problems with them.  They do sell refurbished items for a good price. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)