Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it Easier to Forgive or Forget..

Ladies,

I saw this question today and up until now I can't decide right at this moment on an answer..  What about you?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
Tay1977
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I still have a problem with that question and to this day i can't answer it for myself. I have been told that being hurt by different people has made it hard for me to forgive/forget and even trust. I am working on it and it will take time.

LnAsMommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Forgive. I will never forget when has done wrong.. or even when I have done wrong.
rainbowsky397
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

it should be easier to forgive. i don't hold grudges. i forgive and can admitt when i am wrong. the bible says to to your brother and speak to him about what is the problem and solve it. that can't always be done these days, unfortunately. the, old saying  you can forgive. but can not forget. then its if you can't forget than forgiveing has lost its meaning. i forgive, try to forget, let things go and move on....peace...rainbowsky

ccnstanczak
by Save Humanity! on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

forgivness is mostly easy, i suppose for me. i have to soul search and really think about it so i can let it go so im not carrying around a bunch of negativity and anger and hurt.

forgeting though, no because one i dont get amnesia when i forgive and two, i learn mistakes and when someone i care about breaks my trust, it hurts me. i value character in a person and things like integrity, honasty and loyalty are very important to me so if those things are not respected i might forgive them but i wont make the same mistakes. but i will give someone a second chance to redeem themselves.

when it comes to someone trying to hurt my kids or someone i love, family, and friends. well thats a whole other level that someone better not dare cross. im a strong person and while i may be forgiving, im not so forgiving or forgetful when it comes down for those i love. im protective.

sarasunshine99
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Resentments are deadly.  Those who anger you, control you.  I do what I have to do for my myself, thus my family.  Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift.  It's not worth my health or my family's health to dwell on what happened in the past.  For me there is no choice but to move forward.

MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:55 PM

For me I can forgive. .. but forget... nope that takes a while to earn that trust back.

I will TRULY forgive you and let go but forget and let it happen again... Uh, I don't think so.

jcpeters0320
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:56 PM

For me it's MUCH easier to forgive. I have a hard time forgetting though.
I have forgiven EVERYONE who has done me wrong in my lifetime....but I don't forget things that hurt me so much. 

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM

You can always forgive but you never forget, so stop trying to decide.

abecee
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I never forget.

RADmomma
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:50 PM
For me it depends on the situation at hand. Not everything can be forgiven & sometimes it's easier to forget & walk away
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)