Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it Easier to Forgive or Forget..

Ladies,

I saw this question today and up until now I can't decide right at this moment on an answer..  What about you?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Replies (21-23):
Shodyl
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM

much easier to forgive.....  it's easy to forget daily, menial things because they have no emotional weight. something that hurts us is burned into our soul emotionally and can never be forgotten.  but that doesn't mean it can't be over come.  I have found that it can never be the same.  you just need to move forward, mourn the relationship you had, and work together to build a new relationship, a new normal.  It can still be good. 

mbalie
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I think its easier to forgive ,forgetting is not easy.
curiousone123
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:24 PM

it is easier for me to forget or push something aside and move on than forgive. some say that forgiveness is for you and not the person that offended you but for me forgiveness is saying that i am alright with what happened. its the response to "I'm sorry". If i am wronged i will not forgive unless i feel that that person is honestly sorry and will not offend me in that way again. If i do not feel that then i can simply forget them and the issue and move on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN