Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

divorce and kids

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 18 Replies
Is it too much to ask that the father pays for transportation for visitation (trip is 7 hours-1 way). And 300 a month support for 2 kids? We have been apart since feb of 2010 and he has seen them once since then besides when i took them to visit in prison. No support as of yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deloit
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyshadows
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I wouldn't take my kids to see their father 7 hours away in prison.  He can just suck it up.  

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

300 seems too low for 2 children.   How often is the visitation and does he have the means to come there instead of the opposite?  I would not be doing any visitation if it cost me money that  i need towards food/housing.

sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Only have 2 friends dealing w shared custody but their exes are no more than 1 hr away. Anyways, court custody papers for them both state that travel time & expenses are on the heads of the parent receiving custody at the time. For instance, when they are going to stay weekend at dad's house, its dads responsibility to pick up kiddo. When returning home it is mom's responsibility to get kiddo from dad.
These rules are stated in their court ordered custody agreement...
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:07 PM
It does seem very low I get 272 a mth for one child. Id make him pay the cost. Take him back to court. I would
deloit
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM
hes not in prison now. He got out in jan of 2012 and has only came to see them once. I moved 2 hours north of our hometown before he got out and he moved 5 hours south when he got out.

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

I wouldn't take my kids to see their father 7 hours away in prison.  He can just suck it up.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deloit
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM
we agreed on 300 if he did all the traveling to see them. We havent been to court. Im drawing up my own divorce papers,thats why i asked if it was fair.

Quoting frndlyfn:

300 seems too low for 2 children.   How often is the visitation and does he have the means to come there instead of the opposite?  I would not be doing any visitation if it cost me money that  i need towards food/housing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Depending on how many times they go to visit him. If the trip is seven hours one way, that is fourteen hours total. Gas money for a fourteen hour trip is not cheap. 

deloit
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:25 AM
he wants to meet halfway once a month but only pay 300 in support.even when he was only 2 hours away he didnt try to see them

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

Depending on how many times they go to visit him. If the trip is seven hours one way, that is fourteen hours total. Gas money for a fourteen hour trip is not cheap. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:53 AM

My dh had that written into his visitation agreement with his ex and for me, it was the oppisite but when my ex an I seen how well it worked for them, we adopted it too. Worked really well for all four of us considering dh and I lived an hour and a half from the other bio parents (who both live in same town)

Quoting sunpeaches1:

Only have 2 friends dealing w shared custody but their exes are no more than 1 hr away. Anyways, court custody papers for them both state that travel time & expenses are on the heads of the parent receiving custody at the time. For instance, when they are going to stay weekend at dad's house, its dads responsibility to pick up kiddo. When returning home it is mom's responsibility to get kiddo from dad.
These rules are stated in their court ordered custody agreement...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)