Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need some advice

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

Was just told I can't work anymore and need to go on bed rest until baby arrives. I am not a home body by any means...need some advice on how to cope with it for the Next two months

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Netflix is a wonderful thing lol.. :) reading is good, games. Good luck. I was on bed rest with my 3rd. It sucks...
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I know how you feel, I was pre-eclamptic and had to do bed rest. I was even told to lay on one side over the other. Sigh! You just take things slow and try your best.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

melagranmom
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:11 AM

My daughter in law was also on bed rest and started working from home. Once she had everything ready for the baby she took her computer, watched a presentation for a great company with natural and safe products for the family and got started. Let me know if you want the link. She is able to stay home with her children and earns a great monthly residual income.

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Find all kinds of little things that will keep your hands and mind busy. This is a good time to prepare for the baby. Many mothers don't get time to do the little things they want to before the baby comes and now you get that opportunity. Decorate the nursery walls. Knit or learn to, in order to make blankets and throws for the baby and you when it comes. Write letters and get in touch with people you haven't had time for before. Start making lists of things you are going to need for the baby and yourself and hubby. Get in touch on chat rooms with other new or expecting moms and see what they have to say. Talk to women who have already had their babies recently and ask them what they wish they had done before the baby arrived. If you really think about it you will find there are dozens of things you can do.
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM

hugs

You'll get through this.  Books, movies, your cell phone and/or computer (or tablet) are all going to be helpful for you.

Maybe you can schedule to have friends visit every few days for some company.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Looks like you've been given some good ideas,
Good luck & you can do this :)

jconney80
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Netflix, books, free library movies, talking on Facebook. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)