Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

current virus, have you gotten it?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:21 AM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this
My lovely mother decided to share her cold. I do love my mother in all honesty lol. Anyways I'm bored and was curious about if anyone else has gotten this and how long you had it.

This is my symptoms: stuffy slightly running nose, scratchy achy throat, achy body, pressure headache, painful ears, mild congestion in lungs, and diarrhea.

I realize this is an upper respiratory virus and nothing but fluids and rest can help. Also it is possible the cheese I had early caused my diarrhea as I am lactose intolerant, but I do eat cheese quite often so doubtful.
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KGreen75
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Yes. I got it from my mom, then I have it to my kids, then my husband.
My kids were only sick for a day... I was sick for a week, so was my husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:28 AM
My mom had hers two weeks but she seems to have viruses long then the norm. She is an unreliable test subject lmao.

Quoting KGreen75:

Yes. I got it from my mom, then I have it to my kids, then my husband.

My kids were only sick for a day... I was sick for a week, so was my husband.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:32 AM

You could have my luck and have a respiratory infection turn into an intestinal infection as well.  That stumped the doctors awhile back how infections could jump systems of the body.    HONEY< HONEY < HONEY  and yogurt  to help you heal better.    I had a wicked head cold awhile back and i was bedbound for 48 hrs.

elzingah36
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Yep,we've all had it. It sucked!'my ex,13 yr old son,and 17 yr old dd had it for 3-4 days. Myself and 16 yr old ds had it for a week and a half. Even after that the cough(more towards the end) lingered for about another week...ugh! Our immunity system has always been weaker than the others.
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Lol, yeah I love my honey and tea, live on it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

You could have my luck and have a respiratory infection turn into an intestinal infection as well.  That stumped the doctors awhile back how infections could jump systems of the body.    HONEY< HONEY < HONEY  and yogurt  to help you heal better.    I had a wicked head cold awhile back and i was bedbound for 48 hrs.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Yeah that was my mom. Even with all my health problems as an adult I seem to have a pretty good immune system and I do try to help with zinc for colds.

Quoting elzingah36:

Yep,we've all had it. It sucked!'my ex,13 yr old son,and 17 yr old dd had it for 3-4 days. Myself and 16 yr old ds had it for a week and a half. Even after that the cough(more towards the end) lingered for about another week...ugh! Our immunity system has always been weaker than the others.

littlemonaghan
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:40 AM

lol funny you mention it, because i think we all currently have it. out of curiosity, where is everyone located?

KME3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Something is trying to get a hold of my 5 year old but I think she's winning... she complained of a headache and tummy ache. Also,I noticed a runny nose. After a couple doses of medicine she's fine...
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:43 AM
I'm in Renton WA

Quoting littlemonaghan:

lol funny you mention it, because i think we all currently have it. out of curiosity, where is everyone located?

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:44 AM
I found that mucunex works great for me

Quoting KME3:

Something is trying to get a hold of my 5 year old but I think she's winning... she complained of a headache and tummy ache. Also,I noticed a runny nose. After a couple doses of medicine she's fine...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)