Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

moving on

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:02 AM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

I recently removed myself from an extremely unhealthy relationship with the father of my two daughters...I'll spare the details but needless to say, it no way shape or form was it a healthy relationship. I should have gotten out of it a long time ago, but I constantly kept trying to make it work for my first daughter, Auriona, and then when I found out I was pregnant again, I tried to make it work for my second daughter, Alivia. I grew up in a single parent home, raised by my father for 16 years of my life. My mother lived on the other side of the country and always put her relationships or herself before me so I never really was as close with her as I wanted to be. Anyways, because I grew up in single parent home (although my childhood was amazing and I wouldn't change a thing about it) I wanted my girls to grow up with mom and dad in the same home...I've only realized that I needed to stop trying to force something to be that was never going to happen. Their father is not ready to grow up and handle his responsibilities and his actions have constantly shown that, but I looked past that and SO many other things to try to make it work for my own sake and for the girls. A few days ago I finally woke up and said enough is enough. After all that happened, I am NEVER going back to him and that feels so good to say. I became so weak minded and gullible while with him, I just let him bring me further and further down...but I deserve to be happy and so do my girls. They deserve the best, and he's not the best for them although he is their father...I'm just proud of myself for finally walking away and not keeping myself down. I have to be at my best for my girls and while with him I was nothing but the opposite, but now I'm finally letting go and moving on and it feels so damn good.

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinnaa2000
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Good for you!! I wish more women would do the same and leave if its not right!
mestelle0711
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:13 AM
2 moms liked this

thank you! it took me 2 years but hey, better late than never right :p

Quoting tinnaa2000:

tinnaa2000
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! You are teaching your daughter what a strong women is!!
ayacocca
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Such an exhilarating feeling when we finally allow ourselves to break away from the bs. round of applause!
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

It's definitely better to raise them with a happy single mom than to have both parents there and miserable. You're teaching them what strength is and that it's not ok to stay in an unhealthy relationship. Good job! :)

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes you are! Good luck!

Quoting tinnaa2000:

Yes! You are teaching your daughter what a strong women is!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Texasladybug84
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM
That's wonderful!!!

Quoting mestelle0711:

thank you! it took me 2 years but hey, better late than never right :p

Quoting tinnaa2000:

TrishyyKat
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM
It's always a hard choice to make especially when you have children with that person! I did it I was with my ex for 7 years and 2 kids later and it had to be the best choice for my boys and I when I decided enough was enough! Good for you! It wi get easier and I'm sure you'll thank yourself later on as well as your daughters :) good luck!
amandaeastman
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Great Job!! 

save the date

save the date

Listia where there is lots free visit me!!!

angelicmom1984
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I just did the same this week. Only in it for a year, but he can't seem to get it together.... Sad he probably won't be around for this lo, but he hasn't tried to be there for his others either :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)