Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Is it ok to feel left out when as a stepmom you are not involved by your
husband when his daughters BDay come around?
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Replies (31-40):
Monkiebut
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say it depends on your reasonings behind feeling left out. If it is upsetting you because you want to be in control of every thing- red flag! If it is because you love and care for the child than it's totally justified!
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Far from it. Have a nice evening.

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

So beause I don't agree with you I cannot read?

Yep, insecure.

Quoting Nickie76:

Lmfao and you sound like a bitch who obviously can't read :)

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Sorry, I am not going to understand this one.  If one of my SS wanted a day alone with their Dad....or if any of my children did for that matter, I would not be threatened by that.

You sound really insecure and controlling.

Quoting Nickie76:

Eyelashes23
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I would feel left out if I'm involved in my step sons life like I am. My man wouldn't leave me out anyways
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Sometimes it is just about the child especially since it is their birthday not yours. Dd was very glad it was just her dad for her birthday time with him. I would give sm a piece of my mind if she wouldn't allow my ex to be alone with his daughter. 

Quoting Nickie76:

I wouldn't tolerate it, and my husband would not go to anything I'm excluded from. We do our own things for my step kids birthdays.

CafeMom Tickers
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I read what you wrote and you clearly stated you would not tolerate being excluded.

Quoting Nickie76:

Far from it. Have a nice evening.

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

So beause I don't agree with you I cannot read?

Yep, insecure.

Quoting Nickie76:

Lmfao and you sound like a bitch who obviously can't read :)

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Sorry, I am not going to understand this one.  If one of my SS wanted a day alone with their Dad....or if any of my children did for that matter, I would not be threatened by that.

You sound really insecure and controlling.

Quoting Nickie76:

CafeMom Tickers
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Some people post hostile responses with zero background information and the lash out when people don't agree. Also if there are 11 children maybe they do need one on one time.

Quoting Nickie76:

I would totally be OK w/ DH taking his kids out for they're bdays. What I've replied had nothing to do w/ anything but pointing out that all situations are different. Some people are narrow minded idiots and have no clue what goes on in different house holds.

CafeMom Tickers
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
We do have one on one w/ different activities. I would NOT tolerate being excluded. You read correctly. My reasons are different. If DAD wanted alone time w/ his child on their bday that is one thing but WE as a family do not exclude ANYONE. That is our family dynamic no one else's. This post asked if one would feel left out if excluded from a step child's bday plans. Well because we are ALL involved as a family yes I would have a problem.This never stated what if DAD wanted to take his kid out alone.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Some people post hostile responses with zero background information and the lash out when people don't agree. Also if there are 11 children maybe they do need one on one time.

Quoting Nickie76:

I would totally be OK w/ DH taking his kids out for they're bdays. What I've replied had nothing to do w/ anything but pointing out that all situations are different. Some people are narrow minded idiots and have no clue what goes on in different house holds.

Nickie76
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Sorry if anyone was offended by my responses. I answered a post based on how my house hold operates. As we all come from different back grounds. On that note one of my twins is up I have to get him. Have a good night ladies :)
susannah2000
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:42 AM

You need to give more information. What do you mean "not involved?" Does the child visit at your house? Does your husband take her out without you? Does he go to visit her at her mother's without you? What do you mean? Have you talked to him and told him that you care about the child also and would like to be involved in her birthday celebration?

susannah2000
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Quoting Nickie76:

This is so true, and I don't get it. people post things with next to no information, and then lash out, as you said, if a person makes an incorrect assumption about the post, and heave forbid anyone should disagree with them. I have been called such names, just for having a different opinion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)