Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Soon to be Grandma

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

Hay all,

I'm not new here but it's been a while since I have been on cafemom, so I guess I'm starting from scratch. Anyway today I found out that I'm going to be a Grandma. I am estatic but I feel to young to be a Grandma and the word Grandma kind of makes me feel old. I'm only 43, but I guess since I had my daughter young it would only make sense that I am a grandmother at this age. I am so proud of my daughter. She has done everything right.she is married, they own a home and both have good jobs. I am looking forward to the baby, I am just not thrilled about being called th "G" word. Lol. But I guess I'll get over it.

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on your grand child
nelda1968
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats Grandma! I became a grandma at the age of 40 and here it is 5 years later and my fourth grandchild, 1st grandson was born last Sunday (September 15th ). He was born with a Congenital Heart Defect and will need Surgery soon. There is nothing like being a grandma. Its as near to the feeling of having your own child that you can get. The title will grow on you.
IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My little sister just turned 30 and she just became a granny last week. Her DH is 9 years older that her and was a teen dad. His son and his wife just had their first baby. We are giving her hell about it.
sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! & u dont have to use the G word... I have a nana & my mama is GiGi :)
Tatiana7
by Princess on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same age as you! I have a 9 month old granddaughter. I'm in love! My daughter is married and they just moved into a new house. I'm happy for her.
melagranmom
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh once that baby arrives you will be in love and won't care what they call you!! I was so not ready to be a grandmother but nothing is more beautiful than hearing Granmom from my two grandchildren. There are other options though. They call their other grandmom Mimi. Congratulations and you will love it!!
border7305
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats Sweetie, I just had my 1st GrandDaughter 6 days ago I all ready had a GrandSon He's 3 1/2 now, there both my only child my Sons. My DDIL has now given me 1 of each now soo cool. You will Love being called Grandma just wait till they can call you it for the first time, It hits you right in the Heart!! :):):)
Mom-does-hair
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't have to be grandma! Nana, Gigi, Oma, Mimi , there are many cool names. I had a Grammy. My kids call my mom Gramsy. It was Grams, but the oldest changed it. Lol congrats.
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

That is young!  Im 41 and im going to have a baby soon.  Cant imagine being a grandma

Dott037
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Thanks everyone:-) 

I was in a bit of shock last night but today I am very excited. I am going to enjoy this time with my daughter, I know the first is the hardest, you don't really know what to expect. This is one of those times you really need your Mom. Oh! and Congratulations NDADanceMom! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)