Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Lice

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM
  • 18 Replies
Omg. My 3 year old has lice. I have tried everything! We've used nix we've used rid we got the stuff from the doctor. I've used baby oil coconut oil, EVOO, I've washed everything in their room. I've bagge everything in their room. Now my 4 year old has it too. What the hell. Anyone have any other things they use for hea lice. (I've used the head lice shampoos like 5 times)
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wicked.Jester
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:10 PM

You not only have to use the shampoo, you need to use a nit comb to get all of the eggs out.

Have you done that?

How did they get them in the first place?  Could they be getting exposed to the original source repeatedly?

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM

The shampoo is very toxic!!! how long has your child had it that you could use it 5 times?  Did you read the bottle?  i think you can only use it like once a week or you can poison your kid!

I just combed the eggs and bugs out.  you dont need chemicals for that.  

MayasMom1010
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Pour olive oil all over their hair, have them sleep in a shower cap. In the morning re-soak in olive oil and use the comb. Continue over and over with the olive oil and shower cap at night. To wash out olive oil use dawn dish soap then your regular shampoo and conditioner. The longer you can keep the olive oil in and the shower cap on the better.

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Tea tree shampoo. Lice hate it. You probably need to go to a hair salon to get it, but it works amazing and if you use it, they will stay away from you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Homeschoolmom99
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Neem Oil 4 drops and a mix of 2 tablespoons olive oil, egg and one cup mayo comb mix into hair then wrap in saran wrap for like an hr then place child into bath and comb them out a again starting at the scalp then rinse and wash with Dandriff shampoo and a bit more neem oil

fryshannon34
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

Tea tree shampoo. Lice hate it. You probably need to go to a hair salon to get it, but it works amazing and if you use it, they will stay away from you.

You could also just buy a bottle of tea tree extract from Walgreens or somewhere like that and add it to your regular shampoo.I agree with you it works GREAT!

coffeeexpress
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Make sure you wash all their bedding , stuffed animals, hats , brushes and anything they have come in contact with.

RADmomma
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Tea tree oil in olive oil... Cover with a shower cap
sahmw2010
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I saturate the hair in baby oil, put a shower cap on and leave it for the day. Then wash hair after supper and go through with a baby comb section by section and it all cones out. Wash pillow, spray furniture, vaccuum attack the whole house, every nook and cranny
Lashawn77
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Spray with what?

Quoting sahmw2010:

I saturate the hair in baby oil, put a shower cap on and leave it for the day. Then wash hair after supper and go through with a baby comb section by section and it all cones out. Wash pillow, spray furniture, vaccuum attack the whole house, every nook and cranny

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)