Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (October 4th)

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 37 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsViau
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello everyone!! My name is Bekki :) I am married to my wonderful husband Phillip and we have been married for 4 1/2 years :) we currently have one child, a boy named Edward Joseph (named after his grandpas). We call him Ej for short and he is 3. Cannot believe where the time has gone with him. I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child, a little girl who is due in Jan. I grew up in California, in Norwalk and other areas and now currently live in Stuttgart Germany because my husband is in the US Army and this is where we are stationed. My husband and I met online when I was living with my cousin and working for her and he was deployed. It was love at first sight :) we have had our ups and downs, but we are staying strong thru it all and making it work. When I have time to myself, I like to play games, read a book or do puzzle books. I don't really have a lot of time to myself tho. Lol. But I make it work. What's on my mind today? Hmmm, well, that my little girl is moving all the time and I love it, but worried about the pregnancy complications I am having that I never had with my son. Although I keep a positive mind about it all, it's still really worrisome and scary for me.
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Good Morning Ladies, Thanks for the Welcome you gave me. My name is Betty and I am married for 27 years.

I have 5 young men, --:  from 25, twins 23,  17 and the baby is 15yrs.  I treasure the time with the children because they grew up really fast and I'm wondering where did the time go.  One thing I can say  is I try not to let the kids come between my husband and I( those of us who have husbands) and I try to mentor kids who have one parent.  We all need a little love.  Be kind to yourselves and to each other because life is too short. Thanks for your kind welcome once again and have a great day to all.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Bekki,
Congrats on being pregnant with your little girl now!
How do you like living where you are ?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting MrsViau:

Hello everyone!! My name is Bekki :) I am married to my wonderful husband Phillip and we have been married for 4 1/2 years :) we currently have one child, a boy named Edward Joseph (named after his grandpas). We call him Ej for short and he is 3. Cannot believe where the time has gone with him. I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child, a little girl who is due in Jan. I grew up in California, in Norwalk and other areas and now currently live in Stuttgart Germany because my husband is in the US Army and this is where we are stationed. My husband and I met online when I was living with my cousin and working for her and he was deployed. It was love at first sight :) we have had our ups and downs, but we are staying strong thru it all and making it work. When I have time to myself, I like to play games, read a book or do puzzle books. I don't really have a lot of time to myself tho. Lol. But I make it work. What's on my mind today? Hmmm, well, that my little girl is moving all the time and I love it, but worried about the pregnancy complications I am having that I never had with my son. Although I keep a positive mind about it all, it's still really worrisome and scary for me.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Welcome to the group Betty,
Do your older guys live at home or close to you now?
So nice to meet you :)

Quoting 19720:

Good Morning Ladies, Thanks for the Welcome you gave me. My name is Betty and I am married for 27 years.

I have 5 young men, --:  from 25, twins 23,  17 and the baby is 15yrs.  I treasure the time with the children because they grew up really fast and I'm wondering where did the time go.  One thing I can say  is I try not to let the kids come between my husband and I( those of us who have husbands) and I try to mentor kids who have one parent.  We all need a little love.  Be kind to yourselves and to each other because life is too short. Thanks for your kind welcome once again and have a great day to all.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Hello, Bekki! Welcome to CafeMom! How wonderful it is to read about your happy marriage. I hope that you and the baby get through the complications well.  What kind of puzzles do you like to do? I do sudoku.

Click here for the Pregnancy group...

Quoting MrsViau:

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Good morning, Betty! Welcome to CafeMom! Congratulations on your 27 year marriage! The time does go fast. Thank you for the reminder about being kind. :)   Do you have any grandchildren? I have 5. :)

Quoting 19720:

Taryn327
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi. My name is Taryn and I live in Florida. I have a little girl who is three years old. She is the light in my life. I am married and met my husband in high school. My time to myself is generally spent with my family after work, but I do enjoy walking and exercising. I'm here today because I've been trying to get pregnant with our second child for about two years now. I got pregnant on the first try with my daughter and expected no issues with a second go around. I was so wrong. It's a struggle every day to try and sustain hope and try not to be devastated about the reality that I may not have another. I'm on month 2 of clomid and have a very frustrated husband who isn't into the whole thing. I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and am completely overwhelmed with all of the ovulation testing, basal temp checking, timing inter course and trying to stay grounded and not let it all consume my every waking minute. I finally decided that I either need to talk or read about what others are going through like me so that I don't feel all alone and maybe draw some tips on what works for other women that I can apply to myself. Very long son story, but I appreciate any of your stories and suggestions as I become more involved.
hugss

by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Taryn,
Sorry you're having a hard time getting pregnant again.
Here is another group that may be helpful.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Taryn327:

Hi. My name is Taryn and I live in Florida. I have a little girl who is three years old. She is the light in my life. I am married and met my husband in high school. My time to myself is generally spent with my family after work, but I do enjoy walking and exercising. I'm here today because I've been trying to get pregnant with our second child for about two years now. I got pregnant on the first try with my daughter and expected no issues with a second go around. I was so wrong. It's a struggle every day to try and sustain hope and try not to be devastated about the reality that I may not have another. I'm on month 2 of clomid and have a very frustrated husband who isn't into the whole thing. I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and am completely overwhelmed with all of the ovulation testing, basal temp checking, timing inter course and trying to stay grounded and not let it all consume my every waking minute. I finally decided that I either need to talk or read about what others are going through like me so that I don't feel all alone and maybe draw some tips on what works for other women that I can apply to myself. Very long son story, but I appreciate any of your stories and suggestions as I become more involved.

Kaypee7
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Hello my name is Kristina. I am 20 years old.  I got married back in June and I am now 19 weeks pregnant with my first child. We are expecting a girl we are naming her Tiffany Ann. I have been nervous and excited I cant wait to meet her   :)

hugss

by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Welcome to the group Kristina,
Congrats on being pregnant with your first!  Love the name you have chosen,
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Kaypee7:

Hello my name is Kristina. I am 20 years old.  I got married back in June and I am now 19 weeks pregnant with my first child. We are expecting a girl we are naming her Tiffany Ann. I have been nervous and excited I cant wait to meet her   :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)