Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (October 8th)

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 93 Replies
6 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JujusMomma8506
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:23 AM
5 moms liked this

Good Evening everyone! I'm Laura I am a single Mom to a beautiful, spunky, intelligent keep me on my toes little girl. She's my everything<3 I joined this site to hopefully meet some moms in my area and make new friends and hopefullly my daughter some friends as well.  

Gweedette
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I'm Xena. I have two daughters. Their ages are 6 yrs and 4 mnths. I grew up in Queens, NY but I now live in the north country. I joined this site to meet other mothers in my area and make new friends.

Bella.Cassandra
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi everyone! simple smile

My name's Cassandra, and I'm a 26 yr old single mother to 2 amazing, outspoken, imaginative, energetic, caring, & sometimes pretty stubborn little boys - Blaike (who will be 5 on the 21st of this month) & Brent (who turned 3 in July). I can honestly say, there is never a dull moment in our house! (lol)

For most of my life I grew up and lived in PA...but in 2011 my family and I moved to OH. It took a little getting use to though...because, when I lived in PA (from ages 4-12) we lived in a very small town (the type where everyone knows everyone) and then (from ages 12-21)  we lived in another very small town that was basically surrounded by the country (lots & lots of woods), and now we live within a small city. Definitely a change!...(lol)

My sons' father isn't really in the picture. I met him 6 years ago on Myspace through a mutual friend (and yes...I know, I know - Myspace...not such a good place to try & find "prince charming"). He lived in Florida and after he moved up here & lived with me for 6 months I became pregnant with our first son. He continued to live with me until 2 months after Blaike was born, but then asked me if I move back to Florida with him to be near his family. This in and of itself was a HUGE decision for me because I had never lived more than an hour away from my family & friends...I agreed to move, his family drove the 22 hrs to pick us up, and after a lot of tears saying goodbye to my mom Blaike and I left. Not very long after we moved, I had started to see more & more of his true character (which was nothing like who he had been when he lived with me). Basically long story short, I toughed it out & dealt with a lot of hurtful things for over a year & a half. When I found out I was pregnant with our second son, Brent, I reached my breaking point when he told me he didn't want me to have Brent and he wanted me to have an abortion. So, in 2010 Blaike & I moved back home and my single-parenting life began - full speed! It is rare for him to ever get ahold of me or try to talk to the boys.

I do believe the boys would love to have a father in their lives & having a father in their lives would be beneficial in many ways, teaching them things I, as a mom, can't teach them...but I want the man they look up to & learn from to be someone who can help them to grow into wonderful, considerate, and caring men - and I know he isn't the one to do that for them.

As a single parent, I don't usually get much time to myself...but when I do, the things I enjoy doing are: reading, sketching, writing, watching movies or listening to music, creating/putting together cute outfits, connecting with people (either on social sites like this or on blogs that I really like), and just relaxing.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Laura,
How old is your little girl?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting JujusMomma8506:

Good Evening everyone! I'm Laura I am a single Mom to a beautiful, spunky, intelligent keep me on my toes little girl. She's my everything<3 I joined this site to hopefully meet some moms in my area and make new friends and hopefullly my daughter some friends as well.  

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Welcome to the group Xena,
This is a great place to meet/make friends.  Great to meet you :)

Quoting Gweedette:

Hi, I'm Xena. I have two daughters. Their ages are 6 yrs and 4 mnths. I grew up in Queens, NY but I now live in the north country. I joined this site to meet other mothers in my area and make new friends.

hugss

by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Welcome to the group Cassandra,
Well good for you in giving it a try.  Are you now close to your family?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Bella.Cassandra:

My name's Cassandra, and I'm a 26 yr old single mother to 2 amazing, outspoken, imaginative, energetic, caring, & sometimes pretty stubborn little boys - Blaike (who will be 5 on the 21st of this month) & Brent (who turned 3 in July). I can honestly say, there is never a dull moment in our house! (lol)

For most of my life I grew up and lived in PA...but in 2011 my family and I moved to OH. It took a little getting use to though...because, when I lived in PA (from ages 4-12) we lived in a very small town (the type where everyone knows everyone) and then (from ages 12-21)  we lived in another very small town that was basically surrounded by the country (lots & lots of woods), and now we live within a small city. Definitely a change!...(lol)

My sons' father isn't really in the picture. I met him 6 years ago on Myspace through a mutual friend (and yes...I know, I know - Myspace...not such a good place to try & find "prince charming"). He lived in Florida and after he moved up here & lived with me for 6 months I became pregnant with our first son. He continued to live with me until 2 months after Blaike was born, but then asked me if I move back to Florida with him to be near his family. This in and of itself was a HUGE decision for me because I had never lived more than an hour away from my family & friends...I agreed to move, his family drove the 22 hrs to pick us up, and after a lot of tears saying goodbye to my mom Blaike and I left. Not very long after we moved, I had started to see more & more of his true character (which was nothing like who he had been when he lived with me). Basically long story short, I toughed it out & dealt with a lot of hurtful things for over a year & a half. When I found out I was pregnant with our second son, Brent, I reached my breaking point when he told me he didn't want me to have Brent and he wanted me to have an abortion. So, in 2010 Blaike & I moved back home and my single-parenting life began - full speed! It is rare for him to ever get ahold of me or try to talk to the boys.

I do believe the boys would love to have a father in their lives & having a father in their lives would be beneficial in many ways, teaching them things I, as a mom, can't teach them...but I want the man they look up to & learn from to be someone who can help them to grow into wonderful, considerate, and caring men - and I know he isn't the one to do that for them.

As a single parent, I don't usually get much time to myself...but when I do, the things I enjoy doing are: reading, sketching, writing, watching movies or listening to music, creating/putting together cute outfits, connecting with people (either on social sites like this or on blogs that I really like), and just relaxing.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Hello, Laura! Welcome to CafeMom! Where do you live? Please give your daughter an extra hug from me. :)

Quoting JujusMomma8506:

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Welcome to CafeMom and to the Newcomers Club, Xena! I am not sure where north country is?

Quoting Gweedette:

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Hi, Cassandra! Welcome to CafeMom! I also have two boys, although mine are grown up now. Happy Birthday to Blake!

I spent summers in PA as a child with my grandparents and loved the small towns.

It sounds as though you are a strong and intelligent woman, good for you!

What do you like to read? I mainly read mysteries and sf.

Quoting Bella.Cassandra:

Countrygirl0811
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Hey. My name is Amanda. I have 2 boys. Ages 4 & 2. I have been with my SO for 5.5 years. I live in Maine. I love to meet and talk to moms..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)