Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (October 15th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
KayOhh1215
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Hi! I'm kristin, i have twins, boy & girl, that are a year old! looking for mommies with twins or young kids to have playdates with! im in suffolk county :)

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Welcome to cafemom. I'm raising an 8 year old great granddaughter. You'd be surprised how many of us are doing that now. Look for grandmother groups, there are a few good ones here.

Quoting ALLFORYOU852:

Its really long story-start out by saying I am a Grandma -52- raising 8yr old Autistic adorable grandson since May 2013..I love it!  Grew up in Utica,NY and live in Watertown,NY now .Met husband through dear friends over 15 years ago.I like to shop-its a therapy -but love teaching the Bible voluntarily.Mind is so filled.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Welcome to cafemom. Are the boys your bio kids, step kids, or what?

Quoting dumbBlomde:

Hi, I am a WannaBe something to 2 incredibly gifted Boyz but having a good bit of difficulty because of far too many things to share here. My boys love to cook and do crafts, and occasionally play some backyard football, so we enjoy the fun parts of life together a lot as we grow up together, but I'm a teacher by trade so I know there's a lot more than learning from books that goes on at schools and balancing the two separate roles in their lives is proving to be quite difficult. I know they need to stand on their own two feet cuz they're not always gonna have someone there to pick them up, but the rest is well a little muddled. Anyway, point is, I need some help 4 sure. Thx.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Hi Dee, welcome to the group, nice to meet you.

Quoting bunnyshoes:

Hello. My name is Dee and I have two kids: boy twelve and girl nine. I live in the Bronx.I'm unemployed but usually get work thru temp agencies off and on.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Welcome to cafemom, nice to meet you. Check out these other great groups!

Quoting LuckyXena:

Hi, I'm 27 year old mother of two. I have a beautiful 11year old daughter and a 3 year old son who is autistic. I'm from Maryland, been here all my life...I'm on here to meet parents and get advice, especially parents with children who have autism

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Hi Beth, welcome to cafemom, nice to meet you.

Quoting bay505:

Hi I am a newcomer, my name is Beth.  Just wanted to say "Hi".  I look forward to chatting with other moms about their life experiences, kids, and if they want to discuss the challenges of working from home.  

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Welcome to cafemom, nice to meet you. I went through a divorce many years ago, and it was scary and sad, but I met the love of my life three years later, and we have been happily married for almost 40 years. Hang in ther. (and I hope you can work things out, but if not, it will be ok)

Quoting momofONE0917:

Hello,  I am new to this.  I am a mom of a beautiful 5 year old boy. I grew up in NC and now I live in Fairfax, VA. I like to play tennis watch my favorite TV shows like Law and Order SVU or Friends when I have some free time.  I would enjoy having some girl time but I don't have anyone around.  Today I am just wondering about how my life may completely change being as my husband and I are seperated for about 2 weeks now, it's suppose to be a trail but may end up being permanent.  We have been married for 9 years, right out of high school so our life is all I have ever known.  It's scary and sad.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Hi Ali, welcome to the group. I feel overwhelmed sometimes with just one child, lol.

Quoting mommygirls86:

Hi my name is Ali. I'm 27. I have 2 beautiful,smart,lovin,silly girls 3&2 yrs old. One month old adorable son. And think pregnant again already yikes!!:-/. I met my husband at church. We been married for 4yrs almost 5. I'm a stay at home mom. I do classes online to get my degree in counseling. I was born and raised in Missouri. Feel a bit overwhelmed! But love my children a lot and my husband.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Hi Toni, welcome to cafemom. Nice to meet you!

Quoting tonipaff:

hey, my name is toni and i have 4 kids... 3 boys and 1 girl ages ... 2,7,8, and 12- i am a stay at home mom and i like to do alot of things ... and like to learn new things also - we have a very laid back family but it seems crazy sometimes trying to keep up with all of it :)

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Hi Sasha, welcome to cafemom, and congrats on the pregnancy. Do multiples run in your family? Let us know after your ultrasound!

Quoting Sasha0616:

Hello My name is Sasha, I have one boy that is 16 mothns old and i have just found out i am 5 weeks and 4 days preg. I grew up in buffalo NY i moved to CO when i was 15 and met my Fiance in Cortez. We bought property in Pagosa Springs CO. IF i ever had time to myself i woudl just want to lay outside in the grass and relax. I have been thinking alot lately what if im having twins?! For some reason i have a gut feeling i am. But cant know for sure til my first US

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)