Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (October 22nd)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-66):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Hi! Welcome! I think I would like where you live! Congrats on your pregnancy! When are you due?

Quoting MamaJwlz:

HHiiiiii!!! I'm new here...My name is Lisa, I am a mama of 3 (8yr old, 2yr old, 10month old) with one on the way...whew! My husband and I chose a very quiet, rural area to raise our kids, on a dirt road...lots of dogs, bunnies, chickens, a cat...ect....we love our little zoo! I joined CafeMom because I am a stay at home mama and sometimes I feel like i need a little more adult interaction than I get! I'm hoping I'll meet some people here and make some FRIENDS!

baby dust

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbruton
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:57 AM

i don't feel ready at all with this one my other two i did at this point (32weeks) but not with this one but this is the first time i have been single while pregnant and it is a little scary to be honest.  the only reason i have so much free time is cause i only work three days a week 12 hr shifts on the weekends but that gives me four days and every other week i get 4 hrs of no kids thanks to school then the weeks my son is with his dad i get from 730am to 3pm with no kids it gets lonely and boring so i sleep when baby lets me of course she is so very active more so then my other two ever were

bmproctor99
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Hiya Mama's and Mama's to be! I'm a 42 year old woman that was recently married for the first time 1 1/2 years ago. I have a 14 year old son that has very high functioning autism and other learning disabilities. He's an awesome kid! Even with his LDs he is still getting straight A's in middle school! Albiet, he's in a self contained classroom with other ASD kids and is learning at a 4th grade level. Still, I never got straight A's in school:)

I live in St Petersburg, FL but lived most of my life in Sarasota, FL. I met my husband online! By our 2nd date I knew I wanted to marry him. We were married less than 4 months later. He's a wonderful man and I am blessed and lucky to have found him. We recently decided we wanted to have a baby! We're currently TTC, but with my age, the fact that I'm quite fluffy and have some healh issues; it may be difficult. We're going to give it a go though for a year and hopefully we'll be successful. I'm a Type II Diabetic and just yesterday went from oral meds to control it to a Lantis insulin pen. Here's hoping:).

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

BP

Brocksa1978
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Hello My name is Stacy and I am a 35 year old mom to three beautiful girls ages 10, 5, 2.  We live in Central Florida however my husband and I are both originally from the North.  We met here in Central Florida about six and a half years ago, three years after my divorce.  I was not looking for love but they say when you are not looking that is usually when it finds you.  I have a few hobbies but have been unable to do them lately.  You see two years ago I was diagnosed with cancer.  Cancer has forever changed my life as well as the lives of my husband and children.  I try everyday to make the best out of the day no matter how ugly it gets.  I hope to meet other moms/dads in my area to chat with.  

MamaJwlz
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Thanks!!! We love it here, we wouldnt have it any other way! Except I think we decided to retire to an RV and travel the country...but thats still far away LOL Im due in february...im having a hard time right now with the 2 year old...he's a LOT more time and energy than the 10 month old and I'm running out of steam! We'll be alright though....keep on truckin!

madisson0408
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Quoting jconney80:

Hi welcome to the group! I have 2 kids diagnosed with autism. And my youngest will have a diagnosis too one day. Does your daughter have an IEP? That could really help. Also Cafemom has a great autism group. I'm mobile so I can't post a clickable link but here you go. http://m.cafemom.com/groups/group.php?group_id=112775

Quoting madisson0408:My name Is Kelly. I Am A Single Mom Of two Beautiful Girls. My Oldest is Madisson Who is Autistic Bu Is High Functioning. My Second Child is Aubrie And So Far No Problems Besides Being Sassy. Having Some Issues With Madisson In School With Having terriblE Meltdown Where She is Throwing Things At Teachers Hitting And Punching TheM. She Is Very Aggressive. Any Suggestions On What I Could Try?

She Does Have A Iep But I Guess They Are Changing It Bit But To be Quite Honest I Don't Think It Is Really Doing Anything Besides Giving Her The Right To Leave Her Class To Go To The Special Ed CLass.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)