Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (October 24th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
Imjustinsmommy
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM

hi chrissy, welcome! wow you have your hands full! i have 2 boys but much younger.. 5 yrs old & a 21 month old. yours are still young though.. 22 is still really young in my eyes, im  41 this monday.. I think they will hopefully wake up & grow up a bit.  my dh  was in his late 20's when we met he was jobless & living with his parents & not bad , just not as  together at all  yet.. we;ve been together 15 yrs now & he is so different now.. he has a ft job, a home &  us & is 100% hands on dad.   i never thought he;d end up this way..

they need time to grow up &  id  stay on them too put responsiblies on them.. dont baby them or pick up the peices.  let them learn on their own.

i have a feeling they will grow up..  hang in there

Quoting Ayers89:

Hi, my name is Chrissy. I am a parent to 3 boys. I was recently married and that piece of my life has come together.

My purpose in finding a site like this one is to find others that have experienced some of the same things I am dealing with.

My oldest son Alex is 22 and has his highschool sweetheat preagnant but, all they do is fight. He is the most responsible of my three but he still has not figured out that he can not party like a rock star alll the time. He does work but I am still trying to help as I am able.

My middle son is Tim, he is 21. He is a total partier that works part time but has no real aspirations and I am in daily turmoil over who he spends his time with. They would be considered the most undesirable type in society. It scares me.

My youngest is the biggest concern. Ryan is almost 19 and just became a father with a girl that is a sweetheart but they have no future together because Ryan's behaviors. He is continually in trouble and also has no desire to mature or be productive.

Since I divorced in 1996, I raised these boys alone. Their father was never a part of their lives after the divorce emotionally, physically or financially. Raising my boys has always been difficult and they have become products of the society in which they were raised. Elmira NY is a terrible place to raise children.

Their behaviors and lack of interest in being anything other than "Frat boys" without the college piece led me to move out and leave them behind. I live in the next county. They are now on their own.

I need help following through with this tough love I am trying to give them until they get it.

Daltensmommy88
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Thanks! I am really enjoying this site!

elizabethsmom27
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Hi my name is Regina.  I have been married to my Husband Joey for 9 years but we have been together for 19 years. I have two beautiful girls My oldest is Elizabeth she is 7 my youngest is Zoey she is 4 almost 5. We live in Toledo Ohio.  

bri87
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM

HI EVERYONE!!!

fifilovesme
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Hi.  My name is Marilyn and I am a SAHM to three girls (10, 9 and almost 2).  I live in RI.  Looking forward to making some new mommy friends :)

Dodgermom2013
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Hi Everyone! My name is Tiana and i have a 6month old girl and her name is Olivia. I am currently a stay at home mom.  I met my fiance at a snow boarding event in Mammoth. Through out the year we went on dates and got together and played softball with our teams and finally made it official July of 2010. I now live in Santa Clarita for the past two years. Im still trying to learn my ways out here and trying to get to know other moms out in this area. I dont do much on my own time and when i do its usually catching up on cleaning or watching my shows while the lil one is napping. I enjoy being outdoors,cooking,baking,and just about anything that is fun. Being a mom is a whole new experience for me and i am enjoying every bit of it. Whats on my mind today is figuring out a fun costume for my family and I to wear for Halloween :)

Lcwalsh333
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Hey! Thought I'd say hi :)

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

I have 2 girls, one is 15 months and the other will be 3 weeks tomorrow. Just starting to adjust to the chaos that is being a stay at home mom to 2 under 2..

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? Born and raised and currently live in Maine.

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? He was friends with a roommate of mine, I found him in my living room :) we were together about 6 years before we got married and we'll have been married 2 years in February :)

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? I like hiking and the beach. I also like going to the movies or out to eat, but I do a lot less of that these days!

5. What's on your mind today? Sleep. A good nights sleep is what I am daydreaming about :)
ShaeA
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Hello Everyone!  I am the mother of 2 amazing children, a daughter who is 12 and a son who is 9.  I have lived in Texas my entire life.  I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 15 years.  I am an ambassador for Plexus Slim and manage an oilfield business.  As of right now I have very little time to myself but I enjoy scrapbooking when I can sneak a minute or two.  :)  I joined this site to have an outlet to learn and interact with busy moms who share the same daily struggles as myself.  

Sarahkayy
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM
My name is Sarah. I have no kids yet but I been trying for one since March. I just made a post because I think this could be it so if you see it let m e know if it sounds like it to you. I'm trying to not get my hopes up too high.
LukesMommyToBe
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Shannon and I'm 19. My husband and I got married in July and we are welcoming our first baby, a little boy named Luke, in January! My husband and I met in Spanish class in college and instantly hit it off. We were dating about two weeks after meeting and engaged about six months or so after that. He's wonderful and we are both so excited to become parents. Because I'm young and a college student I don't have many friends that are married or have children, so I would love to meet some other mommy's! :) I can't wait to meet everyone! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN