Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Its cold out SO

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 17 Replies
I sent the kiddos outside to play in the cold and rain. And guess what they survived.

I live with roommates and they have two kids 4 & 5. Ds is 4, its not pouring out but its on the cool side id say between 50 and 60 ferinheight (sp). The parents think the kids will get sick from playing in the cold and rain. Lol I never got sick from playing in cold or rain. So I sent them out. Yes dad was here when I did it so its not like they don't know. I just think its funny people still believe you get sick from being cold.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Eh  no where to play here otherwise dd may be out.  Heck you will see teh school children out at recess during the light rain periods or drizzles.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Yep, which is why I sent them out.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Eh  no where to play here otherwise dd may be out.  Heck you will see teh school children out at recess during the light rain periods or drizzles.

sahmw2010
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Crazy people. I had people thinking i was nuts for letting DS play in the mud and its 70 and raining
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I just make sure she has her rainjacket and boots on LOL  I have pictures from toddlerhood of her finding puddles to jump in.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Lol, no rain boots in this house :( but I did have them change the minute they came in.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I just make sure she has her rainjacket and boots on LOL  I have pictures from toddlerhood of her finding puddles to jump in.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:13 PM

DD ended up picking out snow boots last year even though we do not get snow LOL  They work for rain as well.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Hahahaha yep mine love playing in the rain. They seem to have more of an imagination when its raining lol. Taking a shot in the dark, but you in Orrgon? Its beem raining here for 2 days now :)
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I took mine out to play in a downpour.  We had fun.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Close Washington

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Hahahaha yep mine love playing in the rain. They seem to have more of an imagination when its raining lol. Taking a shot in the dark, but you in Orrgon? Its beem raining here for 2 days now :)

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I figured one or the other :) we are in Oregon :)

Quoting Bookoholic:

Close Washington

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN