Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

It might be weird

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 8 Replies
It might be weird but since I had my miscarriage I've been thinking about what my baby would be like when she got older and the relationship she would have with her big brother. I am finally coming to terms with what happened and my husband and I made a plaque for her. To those of you that also has lost a baby either through a miscarriage or premature labor, how have y'all coped?
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I have never had one but I think having the what ifs is normal when grieving.  

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Time.

4evernever7713
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:40 PM

So sorry for your loss...I still find myself thinking about our miscarriage (on July 28) and where I would be in the pregnancy and how things that have happended since could have been different, I just have to keep reminding myslef that it all happened for a reason and that when the time is right we will have another baby. I am very luck to have a wonderful fiance that has been very supportive and caring and understanding ever since. Good luck hun! and remember to keep your head up! you still have a family that needs you.

mila20
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM
It hurt I had 2 miscarriages last one was last week of 1st trimester with great support u learn to use each other strengths and flaws to get threw
lovebugs_mom906
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Day by day momma. 6 weeks ago, I went in for an ultrasound, only to find out my son's heart had stopped beating. I was 19 weeks along. I was induced and delivered a tiny, but perfect looking baby. It was by far, the most difficult and painful moment of my life. Since then, I've cried a lot, looked through his things and pictures, and just thought about him. Every Monday I think, "I should be 25 (or whatever week it is) pregnant right now".

But I made a descion about 2 weeks after my loss, that I didn't want to live the rest of my life in anger and devastation. I prayed a lot, thought a lot and cried a lot, and I can say I've accepted what's happened and have made peace with it. I miss my little boy, and not a day has gone by where I haven't thought about him
taKENheart
by Flovely on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I've been mourning 22 yrs for my first ds.  He was almost 2wks late and died on a plane to another hospital.  Some years I can cope and some years it feels like my heart is being crushed from the inside out.  I have so much understanding for any mom that has been through any loss.  Just hearing about a mom that has lost a baby at any week just really breaks my heart.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone ever.  It seems like the worst pain in the world.
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. 
I don't have great advice but to say that live everyday as if she was here in life watching you.  Make your baby proud by your choices and the way you live your life.  I failed at that and I wish I could take it back but I can't.  The pain can take you into such a dark place but try not to let it take you there.  Try to stay strong and focus on making your baby proud of every choice you make.
I don't know what else to say about it.  It's such a sad place to be but know that you are not alone.

Billmommy
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Sorry to hear that...

It was definately sorrowful experience in your life.

As for me, I sometimes pray to let me overcome this difficulty.

Hope you will be better than before!

Jane

kaydence0207
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I talk to my baby a lot. I write him/her letters. I celebrate their birthday. I discuss my loss (a first trimester miscarriage) openly to my friends and family and on facebook. My fiance had a stillborn son six and a half years ago and we celebrate him as well. I am pregnant now, our first baby after the loss, and his first after both losses (I also have a six year old daughter, who he claims as his own), and we like to think that our two babies protect our daughter and this baby. I have not even came close to being normal again, I'm not sure if I ever will feel "normal", but no matter what anyone says I honor my baby and that makes me feel good, it's the only mothering I can do for my little angel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)