Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You let WHO take your kids WHERE?!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:02 AM
  • 27 Replies

She let a sex offender take her kids for a ride!! SMH

RANKIN COUNTY, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

Several children and one adult remain in the hospital after an accident involving an 18-wheeler in Rankin County Sunday.

The crash happened on Highway 49 near Muse Road in the Star community around 6:30 p.m.

Mississippi Highway Patrol troopers say Edward Allen Sullivan was driving a maroon Lincoln pick-up truck with five children inside and attempted to cross the southbound lane of Highway 49 when they were struck on the passenger side by an 18-wheeler. The jaws of life were used to rescue the children from the truck.

A 12-year-old boy remains in critical condition. Several girls -- ages 11, 10, 7 and 5 --  and Sullivan remain in the hospital. The girls are expected to be ok.

The Mississippi  Highway Patrol says charges are pending against Sullivan because they believe alcohol played a role in the Sunday afternoon crash.

Sullivan, 53, is a convicted sex offender and was recently released from jail.

District Attorney Michael Guest says Sullivan is currently serving a five-year probation sentence. Sullivan was convicted in Rankin County in June 2005 on two counts of touching a child for lustful purposes.

He was sentenced to 15 years but only had to serve eight. His last known address was in Bolton.

It's unclear if he will face any additional charges because children were in the vehicle with him. The district attorney said it will depend on the terms of Sullivan's probation.

Law enforcement sources tell us the children inside the truck with Sullivan were not his own and are those of a female acquaintance.

A man and woman inside the 18-wheeler were treated and released from the hospital.

Meet Edward Allen Sullivan. This is the link.

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Wow.
whovianmum
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this

WTF?Even if he WEREN'T a pedophile,it says he's just an acquaintance?I wouldn't be letting someone I barely knew take my kids for a ride,convicted sex offender or not.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Exactly.

Quoting whovianmum:

WTF?Even if he WEREN'T a pedophile,it says he's just an acquaintance?I wouldn't be letting someone I barely knew take my kids for a ride,convicted sex offender or not.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:37 AM

BUMP!

Cmgmqmmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Some people are just too stupid to have kids.
Tiff_Georgia
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Yikes

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Totally agree.Maybe she didn't know he is a convicted sex offender? Doesn't matter,it is still ridiculous.

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Cmgmqmmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM
I think even if she didn't know it's still awful. Who lets an acquaintance drive their kids around?

Quoting brandyblx:

Totally agree.Maybe she didn't know he is a convicted sex offender? Doesn't matter,it is still ridiculous.

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:02 AM

A drunk acquaintance at that?

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

I think even if she didn't know it's still awful. Who lets an acquaintance drive their kids around?

Quoting brandyblx:

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Wicked.Jester
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Maybe the children were the children of the MAN AND WOMAN who were treated and released from the hospital?

They are still idiots for being in a car with a drunk pedo on probation, but they might be a family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN